Here comes 2021

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@LexiRae , I used to have to drive down to S.A. every 3 weeks or so to look in on and monitor my mother's health and care at Freedom House memory care facility at Air Force Village. She had Alzheimers. I deeply miss my mother, who passed away in 2015, but man, I'm sure glad that responsibility is off my shoulders. Was exhausted just from all that driving for 10 years after my Dad died in 2005, but S.A. has always had more than its fair share of crime for Texas in general. I just recently mentioned to my husband I'm sure glad I'm not driving down there (often by myself) all the time anymore, with all this negative economic impact going on around the nation.

Last edited:
2021 is guaranteed to be much worse than 2020, whether by Corona or by Sleeping Jo.
The worst will be that thousands of jobs will disappear and thousands of people will end up on the street, further the suicides because of job loss and existential fear will probably go extremely high but that will not interest the guys in the government.
We will have a hard and rocky road ahead of us and have to help ourselves, help from the government we can hardly expect except in the form of money for guinea pig jobs for a vaccination study.

I have no doubt 2021 will be worse if Biteme and Cameltoe steal the WH. I was just referring to our personal situation. 2020 was a bad year. If Trump prevails then I think 2021 will be a good year. The stock market is already at record highs, which is a good indicator of our overall economy. Sure, there will be pockets of troubles around the country, but I prefer to think positively about things. Even with the wife losing her job I think 2021 will be a good year, for us anyway. From where we sit things alway look good.

We'll just have to wait 12 months to see. But I do agree that we can all work at making ourselves and our situation better.
No truer words have ever been spoken, we can all do things to improve our lives as well as others around us and prepare for whatever life sends our way. To all my DPS family stick together, stay safe and we will prevail.

Mountain Dragon, Ban1985,

You each need to read about a man. Harry R Truman. He owned a well-known lodge in Washington State, on a beautiful lake on the side of a mountain. In 1980 he was 83 years old. He had no intent of living away from there, even if it meant staying with loved family members.

All the warnings were there. Rumblings and such. Everyone left. His family begged him to leave with them. But he loved that lodge, that life. On May 18, 1980, the mountain went bang and that was the end of it. Lovely place, Mount Saint Helen. 55 more people died too.

So ask yourself, are you Harry R Truman's family? Are you going to stay with Harry because you can't leave him? Do you want the same fate as Harry faced? I can understand the decision if you're older and unable and unwilling. It's a choice. Just know that there will only be one end to this story.

In the US, we have another solution offered by a big company, U-Haul. Don't like where you live? Rent a U-Haul truck, load your stuff up, and drive it and your stuff to a place where you will live a more happy life.

@LexiRae , I used to have to drive down to S.A. every 3 weeks or so to look in on and monitor my mother's health and care at Freedom House memory care facility at Air Force Village. She had Alzheimers. I deeply miss my mother, who passed away in 2015, but man, I'm sure glad that responsibility is off my shoulders. Was exhausted just from all that driving for 10 years after my Dad died in 2005, but S.A. has always had more than its fair share of crime for Texas in general. I just recently mentioned to my husband I'm sure glad I'm not driving down there (often by myself) all the time anymore, with all this negative economic impact going on around the nation.
After taking care of my MIL for a couple years I can totally understand the "I'm sure glad that responsibility is off my shoulders". It can be a lot and honestly a full time job, althought I still think about her almost everyday. . . I have her things constant;y around me. . . she would be so upset if she saw her china right now that was given to her by her uncle. . . Really need to stop by a jewelry store to buy the spray. Tarnex and the others I have tried are not cutting it.

Six times now, I have left everything behind in my life, moved to another place, started over and stood up again after being screwed by somebody or some happening. I have no fear of losing everything again at 63 years of age.
I have learned to trust myself, my knowledge and the goodness in the hearts of many many persons I have had the honor to meet and learn from, fight with and some died. We will only be able to stand up on our feet as long as whatever you call fate or fortune allows us to.
After my wife's father died in 1987, her mother lived with us (29 years) since she had never held a job and only got a widows pension of about $200.00 to live on. I lived with my MIL longer than some of you have been married.
I have lost more than some of you have ever had. I will not bend to the will of anyone. I will fight the fight and carry on. I only wish my children and grand-children, my strength and knowledge will suffice them to also carry on. Teach the children to fight, how to cook, how to plant, how to raise animals and how to re-build and fix something that may break some day. They will have to survive in a totally different society than ours was and is at the moment.
Only the wise and strong will survive, only those we have taught what is right and wrong and how to listen to your heart.
There were always more good persons in this world than bad, trust for the bad to try again and again, only to fail like all others before them.
There are stories of how the Egyptians, Romans, Nazis and Communists were in power for so long, but eventually they all fell to their collective fates from not being led by the right persons or by overstretching themselves and just falling apart because no-one believed in their way to live anymore and were defeated by the good.
Keep your family strong, keep your faith strong and keep the bonds to your fellow man strong.
Love and live free, Gary

@TexasFreedom

I understand what you are saying with your post, I really understand it very well. However, I must say that Harry R Truman has chosen his own path, which was right for him, it had become his home and he lost his heart there, no matter how high the danger was. Sure you can say that was tired of life and the decision was idiotic, but it was his personal way.
I do not want to talk badly about your consideration and you are completely right in certain things, but life is always a risk and there are certain people who take a risk, that will also be so with you.
If I currently look at large parts of Europe then there are very few countries in which I wanted to move, whether because the conditions are not good, or whether it has no mountains. If I would stay on this continent I would probably move to Russia in a very remote place in the mountains, no matter how cold it is, there you probably have your peace, but it is also associated with risks.
Here in Switzerland I have also moved my place of residence, far away from everything I knew, and I must say I am here in the right place, and if from the mountain that is just outside my front door a big rock breaks off then it was for me, but that is in the sense of nature, but I have the advantage that I can hide on the mountain when down here all hell breaks loose.

Excellent thoughts Ban. We all have different truths, experiences and a free will to choose. How we use our free will for good or bad is another choice. The most of human-kind is good, this is true...or else we would still be living under Hitler and his followers...now, the next problems have to do with the gullible sheeple who would, and will, follow the next charismatic piece of power hungry human shit who calls himself a leader.
I still cannot comprehend how and how many still look to Hitler as an idol and leader, especially in Germany...He was a school dropout, failed in life, was sexually abused by his uncle, sold his ### on the streets of Vienna till the WWI started and he could live out his brutal fantasies and landed in jail for it. Then he is at fault for an entire generation of strong, healthy and patriotic young Germans dying all over the world, leaving the "Fatherland" without any "fathers". That is why so many other races of men now populate the Fatherland and the "Arian" blood-line is no longer pure. On top of all this, he sent 13 years boys into the fight against war and death hardened warriors...AND COMMITTED SUICIDE LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!!!!! WHAT AN IDOL AND LEADER...
A leader would have stayed, put up with the trials and gone to his death with his head held high, like so many soldiers for him and before him. ***fight to the last man my ###!!!*** <<<useless piece shit>>>
Death to all traitors and anyone trying to destroy the USA. The very source of the freedom in America was what made it possible for the "few bad guys" in the FBI and CIA or where ever else in any office or position...and made or make the "many good guys" look bad also. You can catch an eagle, a rat or a snake in the same trap if they stick their feet in it. You can make lots of soldiers look bad by only a few acting bad. (Vietnam taught us this in Mi Lai)
Those few bad boys need to be treated according to their deeds by the real men and women in uniform in America. The rest of the world should look on in awe and inspiration as this whole story arises from the ashes of treason and the real patriots "serve" their nation in a whole new way!!
Serve the death sentences on those who are guilty, serve the life terms sentences on their helpers and serve the world with an example of what happens when you mess with the best...love and live free, Gary

@GaRp58

Basically, I'm not that interested in Hitler, nor do I know how many people still worship Hitler. Back then, the Germans put too much on one card, and whatever else they committed horrific war crimes, I condemn that very much.
But we have to ask ourselves why a person like Hitler came to power and through what circumstances, if we look at Germany and Europe before Hitler, then the circumstances were poverty, unemployment and a demoralized and depressed people. If I see the current situation again, similarities arise again, through Corona restrictions one destroys jobs and the prosperity of the people, if it continues like this we end up on the same eroded ground as before 1930, the people get angry and at some point choose a hardliner and history starts all over again.
In Europe there are enough people who have what it takes, and if someone is chosen it can have consequences. Between us, Germany already has a new leader today, Ms. Merkel, she declares democratic elections to be invalid, interferes in political affairs abroad, uses the same means as Hitler and Gestapo as far as Corona is concerned, and a larger section of the people follows Her unconditionally thanks to media brainwashing and fear of saying the wrong thing.

As things are currently going, there will be a long-term catastrophe, the stock exchange prices are too high thanks to government money and are no longer real to an economy that is totally in crisis and debts are being incurred that will probably never be repayable. The crash will come, either in the form of a financial crisis, or in the form of a popular uprising or civil war, and it will spread across Europe.

There was a time here around 1900 when many Europeans moved to the USA because they had no job or no existence here, some were lucky and achieved something in the USA, another part had bad luck there too, if it happened again a crisis to the extent that humanity in Europe must look for other destinations, because the right ship that arrives at the right place is difficult to find. Even the crossing was not always a guarantee of arriving alive, this fact is also true, even if the ship you can see here was more lucky than your sister ship.

That is a little OT, but each of our trips or changes of residence has its risks, we just have to make the best of it for ourselves and above all learn to use the immediate surroundings properly for us.

@TexasFreedom

Thanks for your anecdote, i got it.
I heard about the story of Truman. He decided to life there where he was happy and at an place he loved. I'm kinda sure he pretty well knew he might don't got old in the near of an vulcano. Well 83 isn't that young anymore....

May there comes the little culture difference between the americans and the swiss. By history the americans are used to travel arround for an new job, another home or whatever. In Switzerland we're used to stay at the place where we grown up, especially if the family was at the same place since generations. In My family it's a bit different from other swiss people, my dad moved and travelled always around in the whole world.
The other point is this with having friends over here. It's harder to find good friends, you can know people for years before you can call them an friend. But then it's like an self choosed family, very often those friendships will hold for the whole life.
For myself i'm owning my own business and i really love it, i won't miss it. Of course i study an real profession before (mechanics) and i'm sure somehow i could find an way to survive somewhere else with my knowledge. But beside my job, family, and my friends i have this kind of hating love to my country. I love it, it's my home even i hate sometimes the way the things are working here. And as @ban1985 wrote, the mountains here having some really good advantages. I know it's would be easy to find an similar place in other places in the world, some nice places i have seen when i was in Nevada for an trip and can imagine there would be even more around.

One big difference is between me and Mr. Truman: I don't stay here for every price. I will always weigh the positive and negative circumstances. As long as the positive outweighs the negative, I will stay. If the negative outweighs the positive, I will pack my bags and leave to find another place.

I wonder if 2021 will be the year when this so called civilisation of ours comes crashing down around our ears.
I have recently spent some time on a UK non prepping site and everyone there is not only a non prepper but is an avid "nothing bad will ever happen" type of person, rather pathetic really and not worthy of any more of my time.

Last edited:
@bigpaul

No worries, in this way the UK isn't alone... LOL
I see so many people who think it would nothing more happen than an 10 minute power outage or sold out toilet paper until monday morning...
Guess we will find out what happens next year. If it comes to an crash we're almost prepared.

I wish all our overseas cousins good luck. Their options are fewer than ours simply because of less geographic space and higher population density. All of us on here have worried about times like these for many years, and I, for one (as prepped as I have my family) now see the holes I missed in getting ready for today. Hopefully we will have at least 24-36 months before the bottom really gives way under our feet.

As far as the rest of the planets population... parts of South America, Canada and Africa will be fine, but western civilization and to an extent eastern civilization will be crushed, IMO... Which is what the "great reset", "new world order", globalists want so they can reshape the planet using THEIR blueprint

Last edited:
...........In the US, we have another solution offered by a big company, U-Haul. Don't like where you live? Rent a U-Haul truck, load your stuff up, and drive it and your stuff to a place where you will live a more happy life.

Texas, buddy, that damn U-Haul solution is flooding our state with west coast rejects! šŸ˜µ

I am for them staying there and reshaping their own state. Or as my Cardiologist suggested "Let them move here but they cant vote for 10 years" LOL... my doc is hard core!

Latest posts

Back