Here comes 2021

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's all remember what happened when the Roman Empire fell... the Dark Ages, from the 5th to the 9th century.

The ability of the general public to read and write virtually disappeared. No governance higher than a tribal chief. Only remnants of written knowledge were continued and preserved by monks locked up in abbey fortresses. Then it took 4 centuries for the concept of Feudalism to take hold another 3 centuries to the Renaissance and another 3 centuries past that before the Enlightenment.

Who knows what will happen this time?

Frankly, I would rather live out my life living simply and off the land...working with others to grow and raise what we need.

Let us pray that nukes are not brought to play. The future would see no light if they are.

Most people in the days and beyond were already harden when Rome fell, fast forward to the 21st century when being harden is unknown to the majority when we enter the second dark ages. The smell of death will become acceptable given the abundance of the world population compared to 476c.e.

Lets hope it never gets to that point.

Most people in the days and beyond were already harden when Rome fell, fast forward to the 21st century when being harden is unknown to the majority when we enter the second dark ages. The smell of death will become acceptable given the abundance of the world population compared to 476c.e.

Lets hope it never gets to that point.

Maybe those of us that see dark clouds in our future and our descendants will be the "monks" of the coming ages.... then again maybe we are all overthinking this and we should just take our SOMA and be happy that we are Deltas ...:mad:

That's what I was going to say, when Rome fell there weren't that many people on the planet and the technology was still rather brute. Today there are very many people on this earth and most are very technology spoiled, if there is a crash that goes over everything, very many people within a short time either go crazy and these will be with the others very quickly away from the scene, sounds tough but will be so. Most of today's people are too spoiled, no longer know what sacrifice is, especially you no longer know how to survive with simple means, these people do not even know how it was after WW II for many, that would already be for many of today's generation of death.
No offense, I hope not that our civilization once makes such a crash, that would have indescribable consequences.

If things get bad, we will probably feel compelled to retreat to the forests and mountains again. I expect that the future will not give us any other choice, but I prefer to fight for survival in the forests or mountains than in a densely populated area.
One thing is for sure, if I am forced to take this step, I will put all my eggs in one basket, and then my opponent will have to think of some way to track me down.

On the subject of Rome and barbarians, here is a good film that still has some tactical in store, our ancestors in Europe at that time still had a lot in the brain.

They stay in their cities until you run out of things, and then you will wonder why nobody is helping you, only then it will be too late for you.
Yes, then they start to run to the rednecks and hillbillies and are asking themselves why they aren't welcome really except as an living target. Guess it must be very hard then to wake up and realize starring at smartphones and cuddling rainbow-unicorns isn't prepping....
OK, agree, i'm proably a bit sarcastic today. Just was read in another forum how people think it's a good thing to stay locked at home after covid too and polishing rainbows to save the planet... I'm sorry if someone feel hurt.

@ Mountain Dragon

Today I read something similar in a forum, I had to shake my head and take something against migraines, later even drink two beers because I was able to recover from the nonsense. In Europe there are actually enough prepperforums whose members trust the state 100% and still want concentration camps for themselves and in a separate area for others, I cannot understand this view. I hope you are in a forum whose boss is Ben ... I only say GAME OVER to those guys there, and they are also fully of the opinion that all others who think differently are extremes, I was sarcastic now too, but it's really sad how the opinion of many preppers here in Europe is, look at this Forum never will.

@Jayson

This is not only due to Covid, but if you are more and more locked up and the state prohibits all leisure activities and people no longer have any relaxation, then they either sink into depression or drug use. Depression is good for the pharmaceutical industry, promotes the sale of AD and creates addicts, drug use destroys lives and politicians can say one more who died of Covid.

I was just commenting to my husband yesterday about how all the Antifa and BLM activity seemed to stop with the election. Soros' man "won" (stole) the election, so no need to keep paying them to burn, loot and cause damages. Job's done as far as he's concerned. That's my take on their silence.

my husband just said he read that Antifa started a soccer team in Portland. Maybe they're trying to appear normal. Didn't one of Biden's cabinet picks happen to be Antifa?
I don't know why you preppers living in the EU put up with that junk on your forums. Are there alot of pretend preppers on the forums? What makes them a prepper if they're living in a tiny place in the city content to stay in?

That's what I was going to say, when Rome fell there weren't that many people on the planet and the technology was still rather brute. Today there are very many people on this earth and most are very technology spoiled, if there is a crash that goes over everything, very many people within a short time either go crazy and these will be with the others very quickly away from the scene, sounds tough but will be so. Most of today's people are too spoiled, no longer know what sacrifice is, especially you no longer know how to survive with simple means, these people do not even know how it was after WW II for many, that would already be for many of today's generation of death.
No offense, I hope not that our civilization once makes such a crash, that would have indescribable consequences.
in past times when civilisations collapsed the survivors were able to access their daily needs by their own labour and simply sit back and wait for "society" to reassert itself-no matter how long that took, these days with people welded to their technology, electricity and the fragility of the global supply chains this will no longer be possible for the majority of the population, they will simply fail and die in their millions in the cities waiting for help that never comes.

@Amish Heart

It wasn't really the forum users who startet this tree-hugging and unicorn petting (nothing about unicorns in kid's room) course in the forum i'm reading a bit too, it changed to go like this since the new owner of the forum came and since the EU changed the whole law about discrimination in internet. Since this time you can't say or write anything critical anymore about someone who's not white, heterosexual and extremly right anymore (those are free to shoot).
I wrote it in another contribution already, since i joined this forum here i didn't really realize how much we're already under control - even in Switzerland.
If i would write in the very common style like it's usual in the Doomsdayprepperforums then i would be blocked in an blink of an eye. If i would talk something negative about other people with different skincolors then i'm as first an racist and get second an police report (which can you cost easily an 5000.- fee or jail). If your boss hear about you're proably loosing your job. In this way the last few days in here opened my eyes really.
It is especially hard for the people in my area. We was very open and direct talking to others. As example, if we thought the other one is an asshole the we told him/her "you're an asshole". It wasn't a big deal, the fronts cleared in seconds and (if it was at work) we could go ahead working together in an professional way. In private we still stay friendly, wasn't a thing anyway because we knew what the other one thinks about ourselfves, no reason to be respectless.
But all this things changed a lot in the last few years and even myself as an very critical person didn't realize how much everything changed. It started smooth and now we're having the mess. In meantime you can even run into problems if you critizise all the Covid restrictions or if you critizise the government to much. Your really need to care about the words you're using, sarcasm and beeing cynical is an good instrument for this.
Now you can ask why not leaving this place and move to somewhere else... Well family and really loving friends holding me back. And as well it's very hard to start completly new an another place when you're over 50 and not really rich.

In meantime you can even run into problems if you critizise all the Covid restrictions or if you critizise the government to much.

Oh yes, there are very big problems if you give your opinion about Corona here and your opinion does not correspond to the opinion of the government, you get a visit from the police, the same happens if you attend legal events that call the Corona measures into question, you You may get a visit from the police in advance and you will need to not attend the event.
I am not an extremist and I consider democracy very valuable, but our government is destroying this democracy and dividing the population.

Why I'm not moving away, that's a good question, one reason are 4 good friends, the other is this country. Even if I am currently not happy with the political decisions and the dark future prospects, this country still means something to me. Switzerland has a very special history, and there are still a few people who are somehow obliged to carry on what our forefathers fought for us. I am no longer in the army and I have no more obligations, but now I am free to use my strength as I see fit, without having the gun barrel of my superior in my back.
If there is a complete crisis and there is an uprising, Switzerland will no longer be in a better position than our neighboring countries, our people have also been softened in large parts and no longer know what renunciation is, on the other hand our history was also made bad and our students learn primarily about Europe, Africa and no longer about our own country, our identity has been hollowed out in recent years and is increasingly being forgotten.
There are still a few critical guys like Mountain Dragon or me, but not much anymore, because of this we will have a good chance if the barrel overflows, but we have to take it as it comes.

Maybe it’s because of Covid; maybe it’s just society breaking down, but I’ve noticed an alarming increase in drug usage and crime this year. It could be a portent of things to come in 2021.
Here as well. The sheriff’s office just added a mobile station near my neighborhood bc of shootings and break ins.

Latest posts

Back