friend lived in minivan for a year, 15k college loans

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalisa

Banned
Reaction score
sold plasma, did craiglist work gigs, flew a sign at intersection, did day labor during the summer. He used the 15k to go find a Filipina dentist. Now she's here, clearing 40k per year as a dental hygienist, attending dental college (half time) getting 6k per year school loans, and paying him 35k per year (cash). So he'll end up about 100k to the good, for having suffered for a couple of years. It took him 3 months to decide that she'd be honorable, and then 6 months more to get the paperwork done to get her here. He also had to pay for her to be tutored in English during that time, so that she could pass the "TOEFL" English test, required to enter college (and get loans and grants) here in the US.

Its fairly common thee days both in the US and over here in europe for students in University in high rent cities to live in vans, RVs, camper vans, box vans etc

yep, you can live on 4-5k per year that way, instead of wasting 15-20k per year, and if you use those savings to make 100k (cash) in 4 years! That's not bad, for not having any degree, capital or skill. :) Wish I'd known of his little gambit before I got married.

Trade school is by far a better way to go these days over a 4 year college. All skilled trades are in high demand. I had welders, mechanics and equipment operators working for me making over 100k per year. Most college degrees are a dime a dozen now days.

Arcticdude, there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of students in college in the U.S. that have no business being there and would do everyone a great favor, including themselves, by going to trade school.

And I hear that those numbskulls are now clamoring for Trump to forgive their student loans (in other words, make YOU and ME pay for their student loans)

you think Big-D would forgive my student loan too?? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back