Freezer on solar ??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any one have just a freezer on Solar?
I am trying to put a 4.9cf freezer on solar it draws around 260kw a year, it seems to small for all the calculators I'm finding on the net to size, most are for a house and not just for one appliance, so I'm asking for suggestions on a solar system for a freezer the draws around 260kw a year.

Thanks

You mean kwh per year? 260 kw is a DAMN BIG FREEZER!
It's not how much it draws per year you have to worry about. It's what the surge wattage is, how much it draws while running after the compressor starts, and how often it needs to run under adverse conditions (high heat and humidity).
One 100 watt monocrystalline panel may possibly be sufficient if you have a large enough battery and inverter. I would not go below 1000 watts on the inverter.

Any one have just a freezer on Solar?
I am trying to put a 4.9cf freezer on solar it draws around 260kw a year, it seems to small for all the calculators I'm finding on the net to size, most are for a house and not just for one appliance, so I'm asking for suggestions on a solar system for a freezer the draws around 260kw a year.

Thanks

I have a 5.5 cf chest freezer and 3 refrigerator freezers run on solar.

You mean kwh per year? 260 kw is a DAMN BIG FREEZER!
It's not how much it draws per year you have to worry about. It's what the surge wattage is, how much it draws while running after the compressor starts, and how often it needs to run under adverse conditions (high heat and humidity).
One 100 watt monocrystalline panel may possibly be sufficient if you have a large enough battery and inverter. I would not go below 1000 watts on the inverter.
Yea I left the h off

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324_152306_Bing.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_152306_Bing.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back