Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EXPERT review of McDonalds veggie burger. This is hilarious!!!
😂 :D🤣

1682683829456.png

https://gab.com/BeachMilk/posts/110274792054607248

No food shortages at all. Prices of certain things are up over 40% from a year ago, but many things are going back down again. Gas is stable, coffee is really expensive now. Dog food is now more expensive than fresh chicken meat...sooooo--guess what the dog is eating at the moment?? The neighbors cats too. Eggs are going for about $2.50 a dozen but we are giving eggs away at the moment anyway. Sugar and flour are rationed to 4 lbs per purchase...but you can go to as many stores as you need and still get enough. Sunflower oil also.

Yeah, we’re kind of the same here in E. Central, MO. We’ve never really had mass shortages of anything. The prices have gone up significantly on many items, but most everything is still affordable and available. Especially if you hit the sales. I mean a lb of real butter for 1.99 is a great deal, but you’re limited to 3 lbs. Some of the scenarios I see on YouTube and other platforms seem a little surreal and I’m not sure they’re all actually true depictions or are more of a timing issue rather than an overall synopsis of an event. I mean maybe they record the YouTube blurb after a big sale and the replacement stock is in the back room or on a truck waiting to be shelved. Not out of stock, just out of staff and time to replenish the shelves quickly enough to avoid being portrayed as a supply chain breakdown. We’re good here.

We are not seeing mass shortages but our prices have continually gone up. I find myself buying less and less and put more items back on shelf or bypass all together. Any sales seem to be the price the item was (that just went up) the week prior. If I find a decent price I get multiples because I pretty much know the next week or two the price is going to go up again. Real butter here is $4.96-4.98 lb. The other thing I'm seeing is not much use stopping at different stores to find a better deal at one than the other anymore as they are all within a cple of pennies at best in price range from each other. I use to hit maybe 3 stores in a shopping day due to significant sale price difference from one to the other on certain items, but not anymore. Far less exceptions than there used to be around here. Throw in my power bill has more than doubled, plus gas gone up, and other items. Oh yeah. And property taxes, property insurance and health ins. All up as well (same deductibles). I guess that's another thread post.

I consistantly shop weekly at Aldi's. Prices go up every single week. I fill up half the cart with fresh food, and look for any sales that I could freeze dry. The other half of the cart is stock up...stuff I regularly use, or more of something that is an ok price. Butter was 1.98 a lb last month, limit 6. I went back and got a total of 18 for the freezer. I won't pay 5 a lb for butter. I also make my own with raw milk.

I am just in the middle of drying some nettles and sticky cleaver for using to make some cheese. Butter here is get as much as you want, but the price is around $6/lb...sometimes I find some butter with a soon to run-out date for 40% off and I get all that is there and take them to the freezer immediately, they last for years frozen.

I made my first batch of vanilla yesterday. Seven 8 ounce jars. It takes 2 months to be ready.
I made some using vodka and Madagascar vanilla beans but mine took 18 months. I made a second batch using spiced rum and Tahitian vanilla beans. How did you get it to finish in 2 months?

This is a my first batch of vanilla, so you are ahead of me in your skill set! I am using Madagascar beans and 100 proof vodka. Using a set of directions from bon appetit. Read a couple of other sets of directions that gave the same timeline.

Here is the link. Let me know what you did differently.

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/diy-vanilla-extract

Latest posts

Back