El Paso mass shooting

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
News is still very in-flux.

What is known at least 1 guy went to a Walmart/mall & shot at least 20 people. I've heard a few to 18 dead. Shooter in custody. Unknown if more shooters exist.

No info on motive. I did hear it's a 20-something year old male.

I suppose nobody was CCL? Just one armed citizen could have saved a dozen or more lives.

It is hard to imagine that no one had a ccw in a large Walmart. Of course most would be hesitant to take a small pistol up against an AR. I don’t know what kind of weapon the shitbag had but if he killed 19 and injured 40 then he likely had a semi auto rifle. Either way, this happens way too often. I don’t see a problem with some restrictions on gun control. Come up with any alternative to slow this down and I’ll listen in a heartbeat.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens. Criminals could give a shit. There is no fix for crazy. That’s the real issue here.
Your right about not being able to stop crazy, but you can make it harder for the nut jobs to have access to them.

He used a AK . One Person was armed but said He was trying to herd a bunch of Kids out and never saw the shooter .Criminal is from Allen Tx but drove across the State to El Paso for some personal motive .
He left a manifesto but its not being released . Criminal is 21 and seems to be from a wealthy Family . Last name is kind of unusual . He gave up as soon as SWAT showed Up .

Up to 20 dead so far. What was this the third mass shooting in a week? It’s nuts to not try something to change this new normal.

The only way to stop this early is Family and Friends intervention or Someone see it beforehand and stop it . The only proven way to stop it as it happened is someone step up and Stop The Threat .
Broadcast timely executions to the public is something We should do . I really believe that will stop most of these type crimes .

The only way to stop this early is Family and Friends intervention or Someone see it beforehand and stop it . The only proven way to stop it as it happened is someone step up and Stop The Threat .
Broadcast timely executions to the public is something We should do . I really believe that will stop most of these type crimes .
I do agree with quick execution. Not sure if public is good though. I think most of these people want the publicity and infamy. I think killing them in anominity would be better, never mentioning their name.

I don’t see a problem with some restrictions on gun control. Come up with any alternative to slow this down and I’ll listen in a heartbeat.

Brent, why do you always come from the angle of restrictions? I have a solution that will 100% resolve this mass shooting problem. More people need to carry concealed. When one nutjob pulls out a gun and starts shooting, 10% of the population need to pull out their own gun & fire back. Maybe even 5% will be sufficient. But I can assure you that when 10% of people are armed, then people will be nicer to each other. Same impact on rude driving. And I can assure you that these cowards who do theses shootings will avoid places with lots of armed citizens.

This might be a variation on P7's preemptive stoppage.

BTW, has anyone noticed that we had a fairly quiet summer regarding shootings? Now that school is about to start up again, all of a sudden we have shooting after shooting. Odd coincidence, if it is one?

Brent, why do you always come from the angle of restrictions? I have a solution that will 100% resolve this mass shooting problem. More people need to carry concealed. When one nutjob pulls out a gun and starts shooting, 10% of the population need to pull out their own gun & fire back. Maybe even 5% will be sufficient. But I can assure you that when 10% of people are armed, then people will be nicer to each other. Same impact on rude driving. And I can assure you that these cowards who do theses shootings will avoid places with lots of armed citizens.

This might be a variation on P7's preemptive stoppage.

BTW, has anyone noticed that we had a fairly quiet summer regarding shootings? Now that school is about to start up again, all of a sudden we have shooting after shooting. Odd coincidence, if it is one?

As of July 31, 2019, 20 mass shootings have occurred in 2019 that fit the inclusion criteria of this article, resulting in 979 people being shot. Of those people, 246 have died. Not quiet enough. I do agree that ccw are a good step, but think more detailed vetting of the people carrying isn’t a bad idea.

I think we can stop these shootings if Brent turns in all his guns.
Oh no, I’m not for banning guns. I’m just saying that a much more thorough vetting should be done for gun owners. If there is anyone in a family with known mental health issues then either all weapons need to be secured or removed. Seems like common sense to me. Either we finally make changes or shootings will just continue. When criminals get guns and kill each other, I really don’t care. It’s the innocent people that are killed that I feel something needs to be changed.

Brent, yes something does need to be changed. Automatic death penalty and make families responsible (legally and financially) to report mental health issues. If Jr. appears to have a mental issue, the parents should be required to report Jr. and actually get mental health treatment. Quit making law abiding citizens targets for nut case by disarming them or making it more difficult to defend themselves.

Brent, do you have a link to source the numbers for shootings? I'd like to see it broken down by month, it seems June/July have been the quietest months of the year.

Edit: I found your numbers on Wikipedia. Most of those are clearly not 'mass shootings'. 2,3,4 people shot. Many are murder/suicide (typically family/girlfriend type situations), and usually between people who know each other. I'm talking about going out & after unknown civilians out of pure evil. There is so much 'noise' in the list that I can't really find where the real numbers are.

Last edited:
I do agree with quick execution. Not sure if public is good though. I think most of these people want the publicity and infamy. I think killing them in anominity would be better, never mentioning their name.
Why bother executing Someone if the public will not see it . These criminals picture themselves going out in blazing glory or as in this case escaping . The idea of being strapped to a gurnee and the World watching them doing the dying chicken dance while the poison is pumped through their veins may well prevent theses kinds of crimes . If they had seen executions of murderers while growing up murder may be the last thing on their mind .

The problem with public executions for mass shooters is that a lot of them kill themselves. I think that a lot of them do it for the "publicity" aka infamy. They don't feel they have anything worth living for (a product of our "prosperous" society that nevertheless denigrates the hard work required for prosperity) and are looking for a way to make a name for themselves.
On side note, I think that the same type of people who commit mass shootings would be the type of violent attention-seekers who might voluntarily participate in Roman-style gladiatorial contests. So there might be an alternative to mass shootings but some people wouldn't like it either.

when it comes to these shootings,,,,the turd should be snuffed on the spot,,,no trial,no psych evaluation ,,,they were caught in the act shoot the dirt bag and toss them in the landfill
With their name never mentioned....
13 hours after this shooting there was another one in Dayton Ohio killing 9 more people and not sure on the number of injured yet. This problem is not going away or getting better, just more frequent and less shocking to the public. It’s not less shocking to the people and families of the victims.

Brent, do you have a link to source the numbers for shootings? I'd like to see it broken down by month, it seems June/July have been the quietest months of the year.

Edit: I found your numbers on Wikipedia. Most of those are clearly not 'mass shootings'. 2,3,4 people shot. Many are murder/suicide (typically family/girlfriend type situations), and usually between people who know each other. I'm talking about going out & after unknown civilians out of pure evil. There is so much 'noise' in the list that I can't really find where the real numbers are.
That was from wickepedia. Here is a list since columbine.
http://www.villanovan.com/opinion/l...cle_be837bb6-16ae-11e8-b9dc-bfbfd95854b5.html
Maybe all don’t fit your criteria for mass shootings, but no one can say that we don’t have a problem.

Latest posts

Back