Dog found yesterday morning with issues

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danil54grl

Top Poster
Reaction score
While I was out working in the garden yesterday morning I could hear something that sounded in troublr. What I found was a little breed dog laying over covered with mud and dirt. I took her in and gave her somewhat of a bath just so I could see what was going on. She had been attacked with bite marks. While cleaning those up I could tell she had some internal bleeding which is way out of my comfort zone. I called my buddy who doctors animals but he didn't answer. Took a picture of her to send hunny to see if he knew whos dog it was, but he had never seen her around here. Finally loaded her up and drove to the vet to get her scanned for a chip. There was none. The vet did look her over, her pulse was low and she would have needed extensive treatment which also involved surgery. I can not afford to have other people's dogs treated but I also could not watch this poor dog suffer any more so I paid for her to get euthanized. I know she was loved and taken care of by someone, but have no clue who. I worked most of yesterday and this morning outside in hopes of someone coming by looking for their dog. So why do I feel so bad. . .

No doubt, seeing any animal suffer is really hard. Our inside dog, our grandbaby, just tore her cruciate ligament in her left knee. The vet said she will likely tear the right knees’ soon. Partly the breed, pit bull, and partly age of 10+ years. She isn’t in too much pain, but is lame on the left rear leg from now on. There is surgery, about two grand for each leg, but even the vet advised against due to her breed and age. I did order a set of knee braces from eBay for her to hopefully help her be more comfortable with getting around. So the plan is to just spoil her and give her the best life we can until she can’t go any more. Sometimes in life that’s the best you can do.

While I was out working in the garden yesterday morning I could hear something that sounded in troublr. What I found was a little breed dog laying over covered with mud and dirt. I took her in and gave her somewhat of a bath just so I could see what was going on. She had been attacked with bite marks. While cleaning those up I could tell she had some internal bleeding which is way out of my comfort zone. I called my buddy who doctors animals but he didn't answer. Took a picture of her to send hunny to see if he knew whos dog it was, but he had never seen her around here. Finally loaded her up and drove to the vet to get her scanned for a chip. There was none. The vet did look her over, her pulse was low and she would have needed extensive treatment which also involved surgery. I can not afford to have other people's dogs treated but I also could not watch this poor dog suffer any more so I paid for her to get euthanized. I know she was loved and taken care of by someone, but have no clue who. I worked most of yesterday and this morning outside in hopes of someone coming by looking for their dog. So why do I feel so bad. . .

You wouldn't be human if you didn't.
Putting a dog down is not an easy decision, not knowing who the owner was just amplified that decisions. You did the most humane thing under those circumstances. Don't second guess yourself, it will eat you alive.

You feel bad because you couldn't completely 'fix' things. But look at all you did, and compare that to the average person who at best would have chased it off, at worst would have shot it on sight.

You did more than could or should be expected, and thank you for doing all of that.

I'd say; thank you Ma'm for what you did. and you feel the way you feel 'cause you have a HEART.
as TF said,you went far further then the average person would.

Latest posts

Back