Dayton-mass shooting

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prez Trump is Twittering that the bitch Dayton mayor is trying to screw him by throwing up all kinds of outrite lies & falsehoods about his Dayton area hospital visit >>> standing right along side was DNC candidate Brown who is one of the already dead 2020 DNC candidates ....

GOOD NEWS - Prez Trump went after Beto about his El Paso shooting election usage - blasting him royally - he's announced he's not going to Iowa now for his scheduled primary appearances >>> QUITTING ?????

Kevin,
I don't think that's the main reason at all why parents choose to homeschool. Yes, there are school shootings, but not near enough statistically to worry about it. Instead, I think there are 2 main reasons: 1) kids are trouble makers and parents basically declare 'homeschooling' instead of just letting the kid be a proper dropout. And #2) parents who want their children taught both properly and without the liberal bias. I'm not sure which group is bigger, but between them they dominate the 'reasons' list.

BTW, I have no idea how you can stop people from easy access to napalm. Styrofoam and gasoline, mix carefully. Does a wonderful job for the purpose intended (imbedded flaming incineration). It has it's place: it's a great way to get a stubborn burn pile going. And I suspect it'd work great on a cluster of Antifa morons (no loss there).
Yes, you can make napalm from detergent and gasoline, or--as you indicated--from styrofoam and gasoline.

I can also make a gun from scratch with access to a machine shop.....or even from simple home tools.

This doesn't mean that I think flame throwers should be available to any psycho maniac who wants one.

We have rules to keep firearms out of crazy peoples' hands.....but a flame thrower? No problem!

As for home schooling, the parents I've spoken with are concerned about gun violence in schools, the ready availability of almost any drug you want, sexual assault by both students and faculty, and so on.

I don't approve of home schooling in principle for a few reasons:

1) We go to professionals (like a physician) if we have a health problem, or a professional (like an attorney) if we have a legal problem.....and I believe that education is so important that it must be handled by a professional.
2) Parents are not impartial, and may have unrealistic expectations of their children.
3) It's important for kids to associate with other kids to learn about being a team player.
4) If there is abuse in the home, teachers are an important first responder who can recognize this and get the ball rolling.
5) There is a difference between education and brainwashing, and this distinction is sometimes lost on some parents.

I believe that objectivity is important in education.

That having been said, I want to reiterate that the drugs, guns, gangs, and pedophile faculty that exist in many public schools (I'm in Florida, and schools are truly awful down here) would make home schooling look very, very good to me indeed....especially if I couldn't afford a private school.

Nanny state mindset. I am afraid so it should be banned. As pointed out by VJ, there are a lot of things that can cause harm, if improperly used. Quit blaming the tools and start doing something about the tool users.

I agree.

Still.....schools can be scarey for both kids and the grownups.

I can still remember school even though the last time I was in school was 1974,,,,,,,and school was not a pleasant experience the bullying all the different little clicks no it was not any fun at all,,,,,,,,,but the kids,,most of them are stronger for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there were some home schooled kids even back then and they were sheltered and not ready for the world when it came knocking,,,,,,,

I attended more schools than I care to count, different one almost every year, military brat. I was never afraid, because I had a backbone. The parents I know that home school do it because they know the school district are teaching liberal crap and they don't want their children exposed to it. These are the parents that take the time to stay involved in their children's education.

Why does a child need to learn to be a team player--- why not learn to be an exceptional player, a leader? Also home schooled kids are not isolated and prisoner in their houses. They participate in sports, many times through their churches. There are many public sporting leagues that do not require you to attend a school. The conception /myth of home schooling is for the cults and perverts is B.S. perpetrated by MSM to protect a failing school system. The home schooled kids I have met are far more advanced than their public school counter parts. Just like the gun control crap, the MSM blow it out of proportion and do not do their due diligence to show the other side of the coin. I am advocating for my grandchildren to be home schooled or attend private schools. They need to avoid the propaganda.

Nanny state mindset. I am afraid so it should be banned. As pointed out by VJ, there are a lot of things that can cause harm, if improperly used. Quit blaming the tools and start doing something about the tool users.
I agree.

As an example, Britain banned almost every kind of gun, and there were only 63 recorded total gun deaths in 2017 for a country of 68 million people.

However.......

Criminals (especially carjackers) started using jars of concentrated sulfuric acid as a weapon. They walk up to somebody, throw the acid in their face, and then drive off in their new car while some poor slob (usually a defenseless woman) is permanently disfigured, and left writhing in agony.

So, the gun deaths have gone down, but the overall numbers for violent crime are still the same.....as acid has replaced firearms.

I attended more schools than I care to count, different one almost every year, military brat. I was never afraid, because I had a backbone. The parents I know that home school do it because they know the school district are teaching liberal crap and they don't want their children exposed to it. These are the parents that take the time to stay involved in their children's education.

Why does a child need to learn to be a team player--- why not learn to be an exceptional player, a leader? Also home schooled kids are not isolated and prisoner in their houses. They participate in sports, many times through their churches. There are many public sporting leagues that do not require you to attend a school. The conception /myth of home schooling is for the cults and perverts is B.S. perpetrated by MSM to protect a failing school system. The home schooled kids I have met are far more advanced than their public school counter parts. Just like the gun control crap, the MSM blow it out of proportion and do not do their due diligence to show the other side of the coin. I am advocating for my grandchildren to be home schooled or attend private schools. They need to avoid the propaganda.
Like I said, I disagree with home schooling as a matter of principle.....but I also said that I wouldn't want kids exposed to drugs, gangs, pedophiles, and guns. Florida schools truly suck.

I believe--even if you disagree with me--that I'm being fair on the issue.

I know what goes on in public schools because I ran 911 calls on them.

Last edited:
You don't stop crime by banning tools of crime. You slow down (will never be completely stopped)crime by eliminating the criminals. The more criminals that get eliminated permanently, the few crimes and certainly no repeat offenders.

Like I said, I disagree with home schooling as a matter of principle.....but I also said that I wouldn't want kids exposed to drugs, gangs, pedophiles, and guns. Florida schools truly suck.

So you want your cake and eat it too. You disagree with home schooling but admit public schools sucks. How about a voucher program where the parents get to pick public or private, does that work for you?

You don't stop crime by banning tools of crime. You slow down (will never be completely stopped)crime by eliminating the criminals. The more criminals that get eliminated permanently, the few crimes and certainly no repeat offenders.
I agree.

I often feel like the token liberal on this forum, but I do not approve of how violent criminals get out of jail with minimum sentences. Rapists, murderers, pedophiles, and drug dealers should stay in prison for life.....with no parole, no probabtion, no work release.

And prison shouldn't be a country club, either.

So you want your cake and eat it too. You disagree with home schooling but admit public schools sucks. How about a voucher program where the parents get to pick public or private, does that work for you?
What would work for me is for people to do their jobs like their supposed to.

If parents, teachers, and politicians did their jobs, then the public school system wouldn't be a nightmare.

As for me wanting my cake and eating it too.....I think that's an unfair criticism.

I would compare my statements about the principle of home schooling to the idea of a devout Hassidic Jew stranded on a desert island that only has pigs living on it.

A devout Jew in such a circumstance might be opposed to eating pork in principle, but will--regardless of religion--kill and eat a pig if the alternative is slow starvation.

I tried to communicate that I would be open to home schooling even if I was opposed in principle, and I don't think this makes me a hypocrite.

I agree.

I often feel like the token liberal on this forum, but I do not approve of how violent criminals get out of jail with minimum sentences. Rapists, murderers, pedophiles, and drug dealers should stay in prison for life.....with no parole, no probabtion, no work release.

And prison shouldn't be a country club, either.

Why should a tax payer pay to house and feed violent criminals? By the time most of these criminals see the inside of a prison, they already have long rap sheets. I would much rather spend that money of children, senior citizens or our disabled VETs. Look up how much it costs to feed and house a state or federal prisoner. Too many better usages for those funds.

Why should a tax payer pay to house and feed violent criminals? By the time most of these criminals see the inside of a prison, they already have long rap sheets. I would much rather spend that money of children, senior citizens or our disabled VETs. Look up how much it costs to feed and house a state or federal prisoner. Too many better usages for those funds.
Ok. Point taken.

So what do we do? Let them free?

How about making them work on something profitable so that the money can be applied to supporting them?

Kevin, very weak analogy. One is a life threatening event and the other is a life style choice. You can do better, give it another shot. Public, Private or Home schooling, why not allow the parents to choose, with the funding allocated and collected by the taxes.

Kevin, very weak analogy. One is a life threatening event and the other is a life style choice. You can do better, give it another shot. Public, Private or Home schooling, why not allow the parents to choose, with the funding allocated and collected by the taxes.
I think education is a matter of life and death.

Lack of education kills people. Stupidity and gullibility kill people.

As I said, I may be opposed in principle, but the public schools are so f----ed up in so many ways that I understand why people do home schooling.

I never said that I have a better answer.

Ok. Point taken.

How about making them work on something profitable so that the money can be applied to supporting them?

We execute them! Violent predators are not worth the time and effort to imprison. Their life (prisoner) has no more value that the life of the person they attacked. When has the government been able to run any program and make a profit. A women raped or attacked will never feel totally safe again. A molested child will never feel completely safe again. The predator has taken a very precious feeling from these people and it will never be replaced. Serving life is just a huge waste of time and space and with the changing of politics, you can not be sure they will not be released in the future.

Kevin, you never said you had a better answer but you do put down other options. I noticed you did not state if you are okay with funding these other options with the same public money we give to the system you admitted are F--- ed up schools. Education is very important but it does not have to be supplied by the pubic school system. using your island analogy, if there was pork and fish to consume, which does the Jew select? The way to solve any problem is to look at ALL the options, not just the failed options.

Ok. Point taken.

now this is only for those caught in the act,,,,,,no trial no waiting a bullet to the head and a quick trip to the landfill ,,,,,,they are not worth the cost of a funeral ,,,it might just act as a deterrent to future violent acts,,,I would go so far as to make it a public execution,,,,,

Latest posts

Back