Coop Hoop?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campandtravel

Banned
Reaction score
I want to build a chicken run and I thought it might be easiest to make it sort of a long archway style. But what material should I buy/find/use for the "hoop" part of the frame. So I'd have a rectangle made out of 2x4s on the ground. Then I'd have arching "hoops" going from each side of the frame to the other, and wire on top of that. I don't know what sort of material to use for the hoop/arch support.

Someone here must know, right? Thank you.

Cattle panels.
The two by fours should work unless you have digger predators. That won't be a problem if your fowl have a hen house you can shut them in off the coop at night.

That's similar to our day project today, with 8 Toulouse Geese. Their run is a bit small. We cleaned out an old wood shed, and are using fence post and cattle panel to make a large run for them, coming off the shed. They are big enough not to worry about the cattle panel. Am putting a netting or chicken wire top on it.

No expert here, just trial and error learning process for me. Same as others suggested and I always make sure chicken wire or hardware cloth is laid down on the ground around the perimeters with a couple feet outside the pen area and about a foot running into inside to keep predators from digging their way under. I use landscape staples to hold it down, cover with dirt.

Latest posts

Back