Buying Livestock

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right jayjay. Everyone needs to look at their own situation and do what will work best for them. Our land isn't sheep friendly, it's all hills, ridges, and hollers. I am the only one that likes lamb or mutton so that is another huge factor for me. Goat's milk works will with my stomach and when we have does that we are milking, we keep an eye on their diet to keep the milk tasting good. You will occasionally get a goat who's milk is just off putting, it happens in cows as well.

Yeah, good point, never put stock on land that is not compatible. Lots have made that mistake before. Our problem is we have no land right now, but have good friends nearby that allow us to run a few head. Just gotta get those lotto numbers right so I can get my own bit of dirt.

I have never done anything with sheep so wouldn't really know what to do with them. I do have goat and really enjoy raising them. Since we have plenty of underbrush that they like to eat, we are both helping eachother out there. The girls are about to start producing babies and milk.

Y
I really haven't hear much about sheep. It's mostly goats or cows. But the wool from the sheep would be useful if you know how to process it for the areas with cold winters.
ou should consider angora goats, the can be shorn and there fleces are finer than wool.

Latest posts

Back