Bugout vehicle and trailer

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did have a back up, small pellet stove. But we replaced that the following year with a small wood stove.
My heater is unpowered, it just radiates it's heat out everywhere but since it's near a sliding window I leave that window open a bit and in the bedroom at the other end of the house I have another one up high that I leave open with a fan sitting up in it. The result is warm air streems down the hallway to warm the bedroom too. You would never asphyxiate in a house this size, too many leaks, but I like the idea of fresh air coming in and it picks up the warmth off the hearter as it passes.

I have tried a much as humanly possible to dark-age proof the house here but I doubt much of it will be needed in my lifetime MOS, I certainly hope it wont be. But perhaps my heirs will benefit from the work, and it was fun doing it all too. That's the trouble with this level of disaster awareness, once you know you simply have to prepare hey. Every few years here idiots set up a home in a shipping container with a combustion stove, then close the door on a cold night. There is a big lack of common sense in the world today.

I had some good laughs...
At his expense, LOL.
I've watched the first 4-5 episodes so far. To me it has an ad-hoc feel, segmented into projects more or less but it probably is just the way its edited. With owl house project, I haven't laughed that hard in years. I'll say this, Clarkson isn't afraid to spend money to learn and I think he's not all that bothered by it anyway. At the beginning the show states the guy that runs the farm retired so Clarkson decided to run it himself. I'm not sure why he had to buy a new tractor and implements if the farm was already operational. If the retired guy owned the equipment, he could have just sold it all to Clarkson otherwise it all should have been there. I wouldn't model my own farming after Clarkson's based on what I've seen so far but the hardships he faces seem legitamate...some of the biggest being his own government and to a lesser degree, his own failure to research and ask for help before acting. I wouldn't try to discect the show too much. Just take it for what it is.

At the beginning the show states the guy that runs the farm retired so Clarkson decided to run it himself. I'm not sure why he had to buy a new tractor and implements if the farm was already operational. If the retired guy owned the equipment, he could have just sold it all to Clarkson

Similar thing happened with our farm in the Mississippi Delta. The farmer that managed it worked thousands of acres besides ours and had much bigger equipment than was economical for just our place. There was no way we could afford to buy his equipment when he retired, and we didn't have the facilities for housing all of it. You're talking about millions of dollars of equipment.

Latest posts

Back