'Better financially' to kill suspects than wound them: sheriff

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be under a mistaken impression, but--in my mind--using a gun isn't about wounding a person (although delivering a coupe de grace is, obviously, inappropriate).

I'm under the impression that if a court can prove that you intentionally shot someone in the leg or the foot, that you can go away for some hard time because...
by your own standards at the time of the shooting...you didn't believe that deadly fotce was warranted. And, of course, if deadly force wasn't warranted...then why did you use a gun?

In other words, you contradict yourself (with some exceptions, because every situation is unique) when you deliberately aim for a person's foot or leg.

So...I always practice to aim for center mass.

I also practice the Mozambique drill, aka "failure to stop" drill that puts two in the chest and one in the head.

May God forbid that I ever have to do this to another human being.

I might be under a mistaken impression, but--in my mind--using a gun isn't about wounding a person (although delivering a coupe de grace is, obviously, inappropriate).

I'm under the impression that if a court can prove that you intentionally shot someone in the leg or the foot, that you can go away for some hard time because...
by your own standards at the time of the shooting...you didn't believe that deadly fotce was warranted. And, of course, if deadly force wasn't warranted...then why did you use a gun?

In other words, you contradict yourself (with some exceptions, because every situation is unique) when you deliberately aim for a person's foot or leg.

So...I always practice to aim for center mass.

I also practice the Mozambique drill, aka "failure to stop" drill that puts two in the chest and one in the head.

May God forbid that I ever have to do this to another human being.

you are reading things I never wrote,,,,,,,,

I heard, I don't know, a body shot is much easier than trying to hit an arm or a foot, especially in the heat of the moment.
when I was a kid we had a guy try different times to break into the house Mom borrowed a gun amd a local cop told her aim for the biggest part of the body (chest area)and if the bastard fell out side the house,,,,,,,,,,,,,drag him back in

Latest posts

Back