Beaumont, TX has lost its water supply

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And this is why having water stocked up is vital.

- Residents are being told to fill their bathtubs with water immediately, it could be days before the water supply can be restored.

"The pump station is located along the Neches River and draws water from the river as the main source of water for the City’s water system,” the city said in a statement Thursday morning. “The City has also lost the secondary water source at the Loeb wells in Hardin County. At this time there is no water supply for the Citywater system.

-Baptist Hospital in Beaumont is evacuating patients and (Shutting Down Emergency Services) because the city is without a working water supply.

Same here. I have around 30 gal. at the moment and should have more. I just can't believe all of these people I keep reading about being trapped with no food, water, or supplies. I guess lot of people just think the government will always be there to bail them out. They knew a hurricane was coming and still some didn't prepare. It's sad.

yeah it is.i dont remember to exactly how many cities it is,or which ones..in which houston is one of them..there's at least 4 or 5 cities with out water.and at least one of them is telling people to stock up on it any way possible..

They are saying the pump is messed up. They have to wait for the Neches River to crest on Sept 5th then for it to recede to assess the damage. Its going to be awhile before water is restored.

With spare filters!

Amen to that, I've got one pr fitted and three prs in reserve. there is clearly no shortage of water, its the words , CLEAN, FILTERED, TREATED,, POTABLE that is missing.
Water  Berkfield schematic.gif

Water berkefeld_specs.jpg

Water Filter Elements.jpg

Water Filter Improvised.jpg

water filter.png

Water filter-candle-cartridges.jpg

WATER SODIS WATER PURIFICATION.jpg

Last edited:
Amen to that, I've got one pr fitted and three prs in reserve. there is clearly no shortage of water, its the words , CLEAN, FILTERED, TREATED,, POTABLE that is missing.
View attachment 7500
View attachment 7501
View attachment 7502
View attachment 7503
View attachment 7504
View attachment 7505
View attachment 7506
In the third image of the barrel, what is the bio layer? I've always known about sand filters, and am thinking that may be a charcoal or something similar layer?

In the third image of the barrel, what is the bio layer? I've always known about sand filters, and am thinking that may be a charcoal or something similar layer?

Either bone carbon or its a trickle filter so its the top layer after the filter has matured and the bio layer has been colonised by aerobic bacteria. In trickle filters the water is permenently fed to the filter like an aquarium or pond filter so part of the filtering process becomes biological.

Either bone carbon or its a trickle filter so its the top layer after the filter has matured and the bio layer has been colonised by aerobic bacteria. In trickle filters the water is permenently fed to the filter like an aquarium or pond filter so part of the filtering process becomes biological.
I figure even with a berkey and the smaller filters I have, that setting up a sand filter to pre filter creek water is still a good idea. It will prolong the filter lives, and is even an extra layer of security. The big creek in the back here is fed from a watershed a mile away with a few acre pond. It could possibly have more contamination in it just due to the water is near some cattle and homes. The front creek is coming out of the ground about three properties up from us, and I feel it's the safest bet. I am still hoping to get a well put in one of these days. The county water bill is a lot cheaper than a well though, so just haven't done it yet.

We've been filling water for people from our well. I tell them that I am still boiling cause it got who knows what in the ground after all this flooding. Its neighbor helping neighbor right now. We have yet to need anything until now. Big boat anchored off the Neches river may end up sinking f lines are not cut and anchor thrown. Ropes were let out as much as possible but it looks like they maybe too short. Need to find a flat bottom boat strong enough to go thru 20 mph current. Even TX parks and wild life wouldn't attempt.

We've been filling water for people from our well. I tell them that I am still boiling cause it got who knows what in the ground after all this flooding. Its neighbor helping neighbor right now. We have yet to need anything until now. Big boat anchored off the Neches river may end up sinking f lines are not cut and anchor thrown. Ropes were let out as much as possible but it looks like they maybe too short. Need to find a flat bottom boat strong enough to go thru 20 mph current. Even TX parks and wild life wouldn't attempt.
Glad you weren't affected worse at least. Is the water receding now?

Glad you and Jim have fared well, probably not as greatful as you guys are though. I saw Beaumont is pumping more water now. Still boil notice, but heading in the right direction. I have a feeling it will be a long while before things are back to pre storm normal. The only good thing that may come from all this is hopefully more people will consider becoming more self reliant and not think prepping is abnormal behavior.

My MIL is now 94 years old. Lives inside the heart of BMT. Son #1 drove n from his area to take granny back to his house since he had both water & electricity. Had just moved from Victoria so no cable yet, was due to get hooked up the day storms hit. Son 1 has read that BMT now has some water pressure and granny wants to come home because she can't watch her sports channels! She doesn't know the reality. . . yes BMT has some water pressure for some not all. You can not drink the water, must be boiled first. It is a temporary fix as long as it holds out. Kinda like thrown a hand side on a severe cut. . . you just hope it holds. River there finally crested today at 1 but still need water to recede. If you want bottled water, people are standing in a mile long line. Gas is hard to come by. Took son 1 almost 9 hours to get to his home, normally it is only an hour and a half. Water is still being picked up from ditches and pools to flush toilets. Grocery stores received first delivery today to stock shelves and are packed full of people. First things to go are always water, bread, and eggs. The place she normally goes everyday to eat lunch is not open and she does not cook. She is not capable of the physical work at 94!! What the heck is she thinking! Sorry guys, needed a vent session badly!!! Trying to talk ber out of it.

Latest posts

Back