Banning the Phrase ‘Illegal Alien’

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmttactical

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Okay, this is too silly to be serious except for some it is a real thing. Here one Quote from the article I really enjoyed.
" “Undocumented immigrant” is, therefore, a contradiction in terms. Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a thief an undocumented owner."

It’s nothing new when the politically correct left declares certain words and phrases verboten. After four decades of political correctness in America, we’ve gotten used to it.

But every once in a while, the language police does something truly bizarre and idiotic. It’s happened recently on the campus of Emporia State University in Kansas. Republican Associated Student Government Vice President Michaela Todd had posted the following on her Facebook page in the run-up to Election Day (in support of my candidacy for governor): “Kobach will … [p]ut Kansans first, not illegal aliens.The millions of dollars spent on public welfare for illegal aliens in Kansas hurts Kansas taxpayers every single day.”

That was just too much for the campus left to take. They decided they were going to shut Ms. Todd up. The reason?Her use of the term “illegal alien.”To them, the term is “dehumanizing.” They launched an effort to impeach her, which failed.

But the language bullies were not satisfied with the failed impeachment vote. They demanded that the university administration do something to punish Ms. Todd for her language.They complained that they felt “threatened” by Ms. Todd’s use of the phrase “illegal alien.”

But Ms. Todd was entirely correct in using the phrase. It is not derogatory; it is descriptive.In fact, the phrase is used repeatedly in federal law.In case you are interested, you can find examples at 8 U.S.C. § 1356(r)(3)(ii) (“expenses associated with the detention of illegal aliens”);8 U.S.C. § 1366(1) (“the number of illegal aliens incarcerated”); and 8 U.S.C. § 1252c (“to arrest and detain certain illegal aliens”).

In contrast, the politically correct phrase of the left, “undocumented immigrant,” is found nowhere in federal law.

The term “immigrant” has a specific meaning in the law. It refers to a lawful permanent resident or someone who has a “green card.” So, by definition, an immigrant is documented.

You have just got to love these folks, Oxymoron = calling liberal Democrats the "Progressive Party".

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...se-illegal-alien-language-police-ignores-law/

Okay, this is too silly to be serious except for some it is a real thing. Here one Quote from the article I really enjoyed.
" “Undocumented immigrant” is, therefore, a contradiction in terms. Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a thief an undocumented owner."

It’s nothing new when the politically correct left declares certain words and phrases verboten. After four decades of political correctness in America, we’ve gotten used to it.

But every once in a while, the language police does something truly bizarre and idiotic. It’s happened recently on the campus of Emporia State University in Kansas. Republican Associated Student Government Vice President Michaela Todd had posted the following on her Facebook page in the run-up to Election Day (in support of my candidacy for governor): “Kobach will … [p]ut Kansans first, not illegal aliens.The millions of dollars spent on public welfare for illegal aliens in Kansas hurts Kansas taxpayers every single day.”

That was just too much for the campus left to take. They decided they were going to shut Ms. Todd up. The reason?Her use of the term “illegal alien.”To them, the term is “dehumanizing.” They launched an effort to impeach her, which failed.

But the language bullies were not satisfied with the failed impeachment vote. They demanded that the university administration do something to punish Ms. Todd for her language.They complained that they felt “threatened” by Ms. Todd’s use of the phrase “illegal alien.”

But Ms. Todd was entirely correct in using the phrase. It is not derogatory; it is descriptive.In fact, the phrase is used repeatedly in federal law.In case you are interested, you can find examples at 8 U.S.C. § 1356(r)(3)(ii) (“expenses associated with the detention of illegal aliens”);8 U.S.C. § 1366(1) (“the number of illegal aliens incarcerated”); and 8 U.S.C. § 1252c (“to arrest and detain certain illegal aliens”).

In contrast, the politically correct phrase of the left, “undocumented immigrant,” is found nowhere in federal law.

The term “immigrant” has a specific meaning in the law. It refers to a lawful permanent resident or someone who has a “green card.” So, by definition, an immigrant is documented.

You have just got to love these folks, Oxymoron = calling liberal Democrats the "Progressive Party".

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...se-illegal-alien-language-police-ignores-law/
Even as someone who has a lot of liberal tendencies--especially for this forum--I find this complaint about this choice of words to be ridiculous.

If someone illegally migrates to a country and sets up housekeeping, then they're an illegal alien.

As a writer, I place a lot of signifigance in the English language . . . and the term 'illegal alien' doesn't seem to imply religion, gender, skin color, ethnicity, or marital status . . . so I wonder why people take offense with it?

Perhaps it's like the evolution of the terms that were used to describe people who were mentally impaired.

Early in the 20th century the words imbecile, idiot, and moron were medical terms used to describe different levels of impairment.

Over time, these terms became insults (ones which I often use today . . . especially in discussions about politicians), so "retarded" (a technical term which means that something has been slowed down. An engine can be retarded by a governer so that it doesn't run as fast . . . like a truck engine in a delivery van) became an appropriate term.

So, when "retarded" became perceived as an insulting, denegrating term . . . it became appropriate to say that someone is "intellectually impaired".

I don't know.

I believe that words and language have power, and that one should use them in a responsible manner and be accountable for what comes out of one's mouth.

Stil . . . I can't see why the term 'illegal alien' is denigrating or prejudicial.

Sometimes I wonder if I've outlived my time and become something of an antique in the way that I think.

I stayed with a Pakistani family in Paris for a few days after I got out of the Legion. They were nice. The rest of the family gave me a lot of side-eye, but the women take really good care of things.

Still a rape culture though, some of the guys were super creepy.

I stayed with a Pakistani family in Paris for a few days after I got out of the Legion. They were nice. The rest of the family gave me a lot of side-eye, but the women take really good care of things.

Still a rape culture though, some of the guys were super creepy.
It doesn't surprise me that they were nice.

Hospitality is an extremely important part--even a cornerstone--of the Muslim religion.

It's often considered a horribly grevious, soul-destroying sin to turn away a hungry person.

This thread got me to thinking. If you look below the surface, and leave out the PC crap, there are very valid reasons for people's Prejudices against other cultures and races. Some of these Prejudices go back hundreds, if not thousands of years.
There's no point to my comment, just an observation.
I may sometimes have problems with other cultures . . . but I often have problems with my own culture as well.

It doesn't surprise me that they were nice.

Hospitality is an extremely important part--even a cornerstone--of the Muslim religion.

It's often considered a horribly grevious, soul-destroying sin to turn away a hungry person.
Funny, but I don't remember any of the Afghanis inviting me to dinner when they were out after my head.

Lol me too! Whenever I leave for a while, then come back to jacked up golf carts flying huge rebel flags, dudes with sleeveless t shirts showing off their crappy tattoos, the number of bars! Guys drive lawnmowers to town lol. Too many DUI's.

I shake my head sometimes, but still my people.

Latest posts

Back