Average American savings

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I know. He’s deserving of the dirt nap he’s now taking.
I don’t think dictators or him personally were good for their people by any stretch, but I also don’t believe we have the right to put sanctions, and starve the common people, on other countries because we don’t like their leaders.

I don’t think dictators or him personally were good for their people by any stretch, but I also don’t believe we have the right to put sanctions, and starve the common people, on other countries because we don’t like their leaders.

...and tourists are flocking to Cuba, the pearl of the Caribbean.

Hell, I’d love to see the place. Old cars, beautiful beaches and women. What right do I have to forbid other countries to trade with them. At best the US could say WE aren’t trading with you, but what gives us the right to tell other countries they can’t. We have made sure Cuba stayed poor for 50+ years. Has it changed the govt there? No. All it’s done is made a lot of civilians suffer.

To get back on the original track here, I’ve been poor a good portion of my life. When I wasn’t bringing in much, I spent even less. If I couldn’t save any money I couldn’t buy beer or other luxury items. How many smoke? Buy lottery tickets, etc.? I don’t care what anyone wastes their money on but saving always comes first. It should be up there in the top 5 tenants of prepping.

Just visit Little Havana in Miami if you want the sights, sounds and SMELLS of Cuba.
It is pretty cool. Been there many times and love trying new foods! Somehow though living in a free country but not being allowed to visit Cuba kinds of seems like we aren’t as free as many think.

It is pretty cool. Been there many times and love trying new foods! Somehow though living in a free country but not being allowed to visit Cuba kinds of seems like we aren’t as free as many think.

Ask the people of Florida if the Mariel Boatlift was a good idea....

I just read that 70% of Americans have 1000$ Or less in their savings account and 45% have ZERO saved. That’s really sad. It shows to me that most are instant gratification motivated and don’t think or plan for the future.
I looked at some of the Black Friday and cyber Monday ads and quickly realized that most of the stuff they were selling was pure junk. I guess I’m one of the few that don’t see consumerism as a good thing.
I guess I was lucky that my parents always stressed savings to us when we were kids. Even when we got gifted money or anything we always had to put some into a savings account they set up for each of us. So it's part of my money habits today and has helped out during challenging times. Not to say I haven't made some poor decisions when it comes to money or had some difficult situations but I do try to maintain at least an emergency fund and I now I have investments too.
As far living beyond one's means and spending frivolously on Amazon, I was looking at cyber monday deals too and I was disappointed because I saw literally not one thing I would consider buying. I wanted to get "secret santa" present for a coworker and it was just all electronics stuff that I saw like fancy "Alexa" devices and other crap like that.
Cuba is actually a popular tourist destination that US interests used to have a lot of investment in. (One of the Godfather movies has a scene based around this.) This of course was lost due to Fidel. When Cuba started opening back up after the fall of the Soviet Union, the US had strict embargoes and did not permit trade so it was European interests that rebuilt the tourism economy there. Now the US of course has more access there and is starting to take over some places again, but it's still not back to where it was, and the Cuban is of course still quite repressive too. But I believe this is why the Russians or the Chinese or whoever were using sonic weapons on the embassy there, because they wanted the US to leave again so they could enjoy their uninterrupted access to Florida's front porch.

Cuba is actually a popular tourist destination...

I’d better stay clear of Cuba. I wouldn’t want to get arrested for pissing on Fidel’s grave.

254-2547203_calvin-pissing-on-decal-peeing-calvin-decal-hd.png

I was raised to always save and put a portion of what ever I make into a savings.
But this last 8-10 years I kept thinking what is my money doing for me in an account not making much. I think it’s better spent buying hard goods that actually go up in value.
Ammo was a great investment from what it cost a few years ago to what I can sell it for right now.

Hell, I’d love to see the place. Old cars, beautiful beaches and women. What right do I have to forbid other countries to trade with them. At best the US could say WE aren’t trading with you, but what gives us the right to tell other countries they can’t. We have made sure Cuba stayed poor for 50+ years. Has it changed the govt there? No. All it’s done is made a lot of civilians suffer.

Not trying to start an argument or attack any country per se, but Cuba is a much nicer place to visit than Florida, still retains its style and culture without trying to rip europeans off.

And don't forget about the cigars. They still.make the best cigars in Cuba. I personally don't give a crap about the governments in other countries. Thats the citizens of that country to figure out.

Latest posts

Back