Average American savings

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I just read that 70% of Americans have 1000$ Or less in their savings account and 45% have ZERO saved. That’s really sad. It shows to me that most are instant gratification motivated and don’t think or plan for the future.
I looked at some of the Black Friday and cyber Monday ads and quickly realized that most of the stuff they were selling was pure junk. I guess I’m one of the few that don’t see consumerism as a good thing.

US dollars may soon be worth less than the ink used to print them, so saving fiat money may not be the best way to preserve your wealth. Venezuela, which we will soon be emulating if Brent gets his wish, had something like a million percent inflation rate. After a million percent inflation, the dollar would be worth one ten thousandth of a pre-inflation dollar.
Got $100,000 saved up? Congratulations, you have enough money saved up to buy a cup of coffee.

I just read that 70% of Americans have 1000$ Or less in their savings account and 45% have ZERO saved. That’s really sad. It shows to me that most are instant gratification motivated and don’t think or plan for the future.
I looked at some of the Black Friday and cyber Monday ads and quickly realized that most of the stuff they were selling was pure junk. I guess I’m one of the few that don’t see consumerism as a good thing.

I think that we must also recognise that many people in low paid jobs have nothing left to save each month.

Comparing Venezuela's economy is like comparing the budget for Bobs Surplus Store in Podunk MI to Walmart's. It's always cracked me up how economy-expert preppers like you try to justify "financial collapse" by comparing the US economy to that of say, Greece or Spain. There is no comparison and those like yourself only enjoy fear mongering and trying to tone off as some sort of economy expert when the truth is you have no idea what you're talking about.

Want to know the truth about the US economy? It's only as good as it is today because Trump rode the recovery wave Obama started 8 years ago. Prove me wrong.

US dollars may soon be worth less than the ink used to print them, so saving fiat money may not be the best way to preserve your wealth. Venezuela, which we will soon be emulating if Brent gets his wish, had something like a million percent inflation rate. After a million percent inflation, the dollar would be worth one ten thousandth of a pre-inflation dollar.
Got $100,000 saved up? Congratulations, you have enough money saved up to buy a cup of coffee.

Comparing Venezuela's economy is like comparing the budget for Bobs Surplus Store in Podunk MI to Walmart's. It's always cracked me up how economy-expert preppers like you try to justify "financial collapse" by comparing the US economy to that of say, Greece or Spain. There is no comparison and those like yourself only enjoy fear mongering and trying to tone off as some sort of economy expert when the truth is you have no idea what you're talking about.

Want to know the truth about the US economy? It's only as good as it is today because Trump rode the recovery wave Obama started 8 years ago. Prove me wrong.
bsflagbsflagbsflagbsflag

Where does this dude get off throwing insults at other posters????

Biden was brought to Earth by little green men from Mars to help Mars conquer the Earth.. Prove me wrong.
🤪

No, I’m not backing inflation but thanks for the review. I agree that inflation is going to be a real problem for us all. The debt issue is real and wasn’t created by Biden, but was bipartisan mismanagement for decades, bordering on fraudulent theft. Right now doc the best thing to do isn’t bash every Democrat but do what you can to help keep our two senate seats republican.

I think that we must also recognise that many people in low paid jobs have nothing left to save each month.
Even when I didn’t make crap for a wage I lived below my income and managed to save some. If you don’t save for the emergencies that you know are coming then you’re screwed when they do.

Venezuela was once the wealthiest, most stable country in South America and the fourth wealthiest nation per capita in the world.
Venezuela’s govt is a shit storm, I’ll give you that. But a major reason they are so bad right now is the US has destroyed their economy and made it illegal for anyone to do business with them. I don’t like or agree with their dictatorship but I also don’t think we have the right to destroy nations because we don’t like their government. The problem is we don’t hurt the government but just starve the common people. This idea hasn’t won anything in Cuba for over 50 years now

Even when I didn’t make crap for a wage I lived below my income and managed to save some. If you don’t save for the emergencies that you know are coming then you’re screwed when they do.
I always managed to save regardless of my income. Living below ones means is critical to saving. Many of us took second jobs when times were tight.

Latest posts

Back