Would you buy a pedal boat when prepping?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mason

Banned
Reaction score
I definitely would. Easy transportation and require no electricity.

The pedal boats I've been in didn't seem very efficient. Maybe if they made one a little more streamlined. I'd rather paddle a canoe or row a boat.

The pedal boats I've been in didn't seem very efficient. Maybe if they made one a little more streamlined. I'd rather paddle a canoe or row a boat.
I always thought converting a canoe with pedal power would be fun. Hum, another project? I need that about as much as the flu!

a canoe for me please!!
it sits lower on the water, you are less visible, it's lighter you can drag it easier to the shore and carry it aswell over roughspots

Brent....my uncle and I did this once. Same issue Doc mentioned though. Just more efficient to paddle.

I never bought one myself but me and my brother found one buried with the usual woodland stuff. We go it out and start using it in a swamp. It worked really well, at the time I was probably 9 and I was able to pedal really good by myself. Either the one we found was better then what you were in, or we have different definitions of efficient.

I always thought converting a canoe with pedal power would be fun. Hum, another project? I need that about as much as the flu!
You could do that, but they sell actual pedal boats online at outdoor shops like Bass Pro, Gander Mtn, etc.

a canoe for me please!!
it sits lower on the water, you are less visible, it's lighter you can drag it easier to the shore and carry it aswell over roughspots
The one I had was very light. Me and my brother dug up a buried one.

Dug up? who would bury a perfectly good canoe...that was a stroke of luck :)

They didn't bury it. It naturally got buried. The person who owned all the land got in debt or something like that then later on went to prison for drugs. They also did a lot of dog fighting. They basically broke every law lol. Now the whole family is gone. The pedal boat remained there for about 7 years.

They had like a mafia, except country boy version. By family I meant like 30 people. These people were crazy as crap. They owned a lot of land. But there land was awesome they had many swamps, mud holes, and trails. They literally had the dream life, everything they wanted.

nature takes back eventually everything ;)
so it was salvaged by you and your brother, in my eyes why leave it unused when nobody want's it

then they mess it up with drugs...can't understand it..seen to many drugusers...hate the stuff, simply hate it

Last edited:
then you mess it up with drugs...can't understand it..seen to many drugusers...hate the stuff, simply hate it
It wasn't us that did the drugs, it was the people that lived there, that was part of the reason they are behind bars.

sry, I was referring to them,not you !
had to make a quick edit.....

never thought and wouldn't think you'd be doing it...
was that boat hard to fix?

sry, I was referring to them,not you !
Oh haha! It was a great find, but then someone else had went back there and sunk it. We were pissed, from there on anyone we see on the land, they get it. Although we don't own it, it's basically ours since we have been exploring it for 10 years and friends with the owner,

hell, how can anyone be so stupid to sink something like that, that's one thing I don't understand in todays world, why do someone have to break things that aren't theirs??? just to feel macho and show to someone...don't get it

The only paddle boats I've been in were the kind you rent at a public lake. Good for putting around a short distance, but not much more.
p19.jpg

hell, how can anyone be so stupid to sink something like that, that's one thing I don't understand in todays world, why do someone have to break things that aren't theirs??? just to feel macho and show to someone...don't get it
Group of teenage skaters trying to be cool. They had a boat dock there, the kids ruined that to.

Latest posts

Back