What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m on NPO right now in the hospital (no food at all). Everything mentioned above sounds really really good right about now! When I do escape I think that steak sounds the best though.

I pray you get well soon, you cant do anything productive in there.

Got my first bite of real food after 4 days in the hospital! Roast beef and gravy over rice, mashed potatoes with the same gravy and green beans and a soft fluffy biscuit. I was in heaven... only ate about a third of it so will have the rest tomorrow.

Is that stuffed with bbq pork?

That’s a new one to me. BBQ sauce on a potatoe?

You can get them stuffed with pork but I always get them with chopped brisket (which is weird because normally I prefer pulled pork.) First you put butter on the potato, then the meat, then BBQ sauce, cheese, sour cream, chives or green onions if you like them for garnish. It's amazing.

You can get them stuffed with pork but I always get them with chopped brisket (which is weird because normally I prefer pulled pork.) First you put butter on the potato, then the meat, then BBQ sauce, cheese, sour cream, chives or green onions if you like them for garnish. It's amazing.

867e7b336c8c6a02fc1437e080669ecc.jpg

Ya forgot the bacon. Ya gotta have bacon,lol

I can give you some tips on cooking some real Oriental stir fry beef at home, there are a few tricks I learned from my wife (from Taiwan).

Cut the beef thin across the grain. Marinate it (soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, etc) only using just enough marinade to wet it good without too much excess (you need a little excess though). Then knead in some cornstarch (or to be really authentic, rice starch). Use just enough starch to thicken the marinade, but not so much that it turns it into a batter. The difference a little bit of cornstarch makes is amazing.

I had some cantaloupe and a banana for breakfast and a spicey chicken sandwich for dinner. Working on that weight loss thing. Oh, and a glass of wine a moment ago to help me off to sleep. Still a little hungry but content enough.
I had a kale salad with cranberries and apples for dinner. Trying to make as many of my meals "healthy" as possible because I eat so badly this time of year. But I definitely am working on a glass of wine.

Latest posts

Back