Update on chinese Coronavirus issue

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More from China: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51254523
Excerpt: "We are not at the stage where people are saying this could be a global pandemic like swine flu. But stopping such "symptomless spreaders" will make the job of the Chinese authorities much harder. There are still crucial questions - how infectious are people during the incubation period, and did any of the patients outside China spread the disease in those countries before becoming sick? And why did China's National Health Commission say the transmission ability of this virus is getting stronger?"

With china’s lack of transparency, media blackout in affected cities and reluctance to ask for help we may never know the truth.

Even if declared pandemic the world won’t stop it without closing borders or widespread restrictions on over seas flight that won’t happen because of political repercussions!

We are doing it again friends, going on and on and on about the developing threat from this outbreak, when I think we should be talking more about us being proactive in prepping to ensure our families are best protected and insulated, if or when our assorted NGOs and government f*** up and it gets out of control.

Doncha think we should at least talk more above stock up on extra food, fuel stuff etc, reducing visits to high population areas, reducing visitors coming to our homes, sterilising vehicles etc that have had to go into town, leaving our town clothes outside the home when we return, getting extra masks and disposable gloves etc.

Another point we do not appear to be considering is... The outbreak in a sea food market in Wuhan saw the virus jump from critters to people, who in turn are coming back to the west bring the disease with them. WHAT IF the virus can also jump from humans back to critters and spread through OUR wildlife and spread back to humans again??

We appear to have some sort of consensus that their is a risk, and it could be growing in severity, but what are we going to do about protecting us and our families. I for one have no faith in the UK government being able to control anything after their total ineptitude over the Foot & Mouth outbreak and the Mad Cow Disease scandal, and the Salmonella spreading to 99% of Chicken and Eggs in the UK, shit they cannot even check the measles outbreak.

Last edited:
We shouldn’t worry ourself over it but be vigilant, we can’t control what goes on beyond our own walls but we can protect what happens within the walls. It’s not at the scale where I’m changing my habits. So far the numbers are small outside of China.

Panic NO, Prep YES

better to watch and prep and try to find as much info as possible, you know dudes and dudettes,this site is currently the best place for intel about this virus..
it's bloody hard to protect one self from a virus,so just keep you all as healthy as possible,stock up on meds and try to avoid ER's...

We shouldn’t worry ourself over it but be vigilant, we can’t control what goes on beyond our own walls but we can protect what happens within the walls. It’s not at the scale where I’m changing my habits. So far the numbers are small outside of China.

Agreed but i think we could at least chat about what we may do IF the situation worsens.

better to watch and prep and try to find as much info as possible, you know dudes and dudettes,this site is currently the best place for intel about this virus..
it's bloody hard to protect one self from a virus,so just keep you all as healthy as possible,stock up on meds and try to avoid ER's...
and imported Chinese foods.

g'dammit,have to stop by the pharmacy on my way to work tomorrow,have a deacent med cabinet but it could be better..

have to stop useing my commuter train that goes to and back to the airport...

I've stocked up on butile surgical gloves, suitable dispoable face masks, and multiple aersols of detol and detox, and lots of hand sanitiser.

Is there a train that covers you commute but does not go to the airport?

My wife works for the NHS, I'm going to start disinfecting her cars steering wheel , gear lever, dash controls and door handles of her car, and wipe down her two works attach cases, I've also asked her to take home made packed lunches and a flask of tea to avoid using the canteen and works crockey IF and only IF the disease takes hold here. Should it become an issue in this region I'll simply stop her from going to work.

Latest posts

Back