Update on chinese Coronavirus issue

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update from articles & other discussions.

First, Wuhan is apparently the city in China with their version of the CDC. And various diseases regularly escape from the medical center. Assumption is that this disease escaped their CDC and the meat market source is a cover-up.

Also, this virus has a 2 week incubation period which means people everywhere are spreading it without even knowing their sick.

2 confirmed cases in the US (Washington state & Chicago). And about 10 more suspected cases.

Chinese New Year just started. People have been travelling for about a week across the country & around the world. Definitely a worst-case scenario. And these 600 and 800 'confirmed sick' numbers really aren't counting the 2-week-incubation people.

My advise is that each of you should be in lock-down mode stage one. No going out in big cities. No travelling by air. No going to big events. Avoid any city with bigger universities (with students from... China!).

If this thing keeps going, I'd advise not even going to bigger stores like WalMart or Home Depot. Wearing gloves & a mask. I'm in this mode since the College Station case is around the corner from me.

The final stage is locking the gate & nobody in or out of the property.

Of corse the numbers will be fudged but then the governments a) don't know the scale of things and b) don't want to panic people. Even if the number of Chinese infected was 100,000 it would still be a tiny percentage of the population. This will most likely turn out to be nothing much, just like SARS, swine flu, and bird flu. Anyway the earth could do with a good thinning of the herd.

We should not be panicking regardless of any casuality figures, Prepping not Panicking is the best way forward. All we need to be doing is monitoring the situation and ensuring our preps are up to date. If and I do mean IF it gets out of control we need to be thinking about going into self imposed quarantine until it passes, kit wise we need to ensure we have enough food cached for a few weeks and that our hygiene / med kits are fully up to date. But at the moment we just need to play the watch and wait game.

Mom goes to the doctor a lot, but I told her we are not going out just for fun. It's too dangerous. She is 87 next week so her immune system has to be lowered.

I hate going out anyway.

I do have to take my son to his Best Buddies prom tomorrow, but we will use lots of antibacterial gel and shower as soon as we get home.

Robin, this is a virus, antibacterials do nothing for this.

Here is a real concern going out in time. Let's say China gets this under control in a few months & it 'goes away'. How much manufactured product does China/Wuhan make? How many sick workers were on the assembly line putting together everything from windshield wipers to kid's toys? Remember, a virus can sit dormant for years/decades. So this kid's doll got assembled last week & boxed up, it sits there for 3 months until the quarantine is lifted, and it ships to NY city. A child opens up their new toy and the 'joy' it gives her is coronavirus! And she gives the coronavirus to all of her friends over the next 2 weeks before symptoms appear.

This will not be done for a long, long time.

Robin, this is a virus, antibacterials do nothing for this.

Here is a real concern going out in time. Let's say China gets this under control in a few months & it 'goes away'. How much manufactured product does China/Wuhan make? How many sick workers were on the assembly line putting together everything from windshield wipers to kid's toys? Remember, a virus can sit dormant for years/decades. So this kid's doll got assembled last week & boxed up, it sits there for 3 months until the quarantine is lifted, and it ships to NY city. A child opens up their new toy and the 'joy' it gives her is coronavirus! And she gives the coronavirus to all of her friends over the next 2 weeks before symptoms appear.

This will not be done for a long, long time.

You nailed it, people rarely consider the knock on effects economic and health related after such events

Ye
You nailed it, people rarely consider the knock on effects economic and health related after such events

I know, but cleanliness is next to Godliness. Surely, cleaning your bodynoften will help somehow.

I have a stockpile of masks and gloves, but I'm going to get more. I do not have a complete suit though.

Latest posts

Back