This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NC, I like your garden set up.

Things have been super busy on my end. Its getting closer and closer to the birth of my 2nd son.

Im working a lot right now to be able to afford a time off for the birth and the first time, picking up extra shifts and emergency shifts. Lots of new connections and customers, which is both, a blessing and a chore. lol.

The plants are in the ground since 3 weeks and almost all of em look good so far. Got one last night of frost in and lost four tomato plants.

Been fishing and hunting as much as possible, which is about two hours in two weeks. Unfortunately theres still a lot of empty room in the freezer. I hope to get out on a turkey hunt next weekend.

My trap leauge is developing pretty well. Im averaging at about 44/50 now. Not too bad for a absolute rookie.

Feels good to back online.

good fortune with your 2nd son marv...and spoil him some for me..lol

i got me some new toys today..they're a lil bit more costly than i care for..but yet,i figure they'll pay for themselves.

DSCN1037[1].JPG DSCN1038[1].JPG DSCN1039[1].JPG

yeah.and i'll be breaking them in this week..it looks like i'll be heading out for my camping trip tomorrow instead of today thoe..taking longer then i care for on getting ready..

yeah.and i'll be breaking them in this week..it looks like i'll be heading out for my camping trip tomorrow instead of today thoe..taking longer then i care for on getting ready..
Yeah, a simple camping trip sometimes really shows you how much time and "preparation" really is necessary.

yeah..i need me a utility box trailer for keeping all my camping stuff in..and the wht ever i get from the house,will go directly into it

yeah..i need me a utility box trailer for keeping all my camping stuff in..and the wht ever i get from the house,will go directly into it
I'm looking at buying a 6'x12' enclosed trailer for when I move this summer. All of my important items will go in the trailer, everything else will go in the moving truck. The one I'm looking at is about $3k. A little pricy, but at least I can sell it when I don't need it any more.

last night..i added a pillow,a bottom sheet,and a top sheet to my camping gear.as well as some other items..pluss i now keep it in 2 totes instead of just 1..i also found 1tent pole bag.2 steel rod tent staks,and a spool of fishing line,when i camped out...in which i added all of that to my camping gear..

I am redoing our bags, our BOB and GHB are as one now, more setup from going from urban to rural, the bags contents would give me the ability to transform given our current situation weighing in at 27lbs. our INCH bag is also being redone, strictly being setup for deep wildland survival at the same time reducing the weight from 65lbs to 52.25lbs the Wife is still at 45lbs

i decided to check my rechargeable batteries..good thing im doing that..on account,2 i know of so far has gone bad on me..so im now using items that has them in them..then i'll be swapping out the batteries when it becomes time to do so.and recharging them as i go..

View attachment 4282

Here's a picture of my little urban garden that I planted last weekend. Almost everything has sprouted up since I took this picture last week. I was able to fit peppers, tomatoes, carrots, eggplant, onions, green beans, field peas, lima beans, squash and cucumbers here. The containers are potatoes & I have 3 tiny flowers beds with broccoli, cabbage and lettuce.

I've never posted a pic before so I hope I'm doing this right.
One good thing about a small garden is you can tend to it much better.. I've heard that three or four tomatoe plants that are well cared for can produce more than ten that are just left in the garden. That reminds me, I need to go put out a little 10-10-10 on some of the plants.

Yeah, a simple camping trip sometimes really shows you how much time and "preparation" really is necessary.
Nothing beats a trial run once in a while. On the back of my property I have a creek about 12 ft wide. It's at the bottom of a steep hill about twenty five feet down, and there's a similar hill on the other side of the creek. There's about ten feet of level ground on my side of the creek, that's three or four feet above the water, so it's a great place to camp. You can't see any signs of civilization there, and it's got a cool breeze from the water all summer long. Just describing it is making me want to go for a night of it. I've been stockpiling materials for a small cabin back there, and one of these days I will build it and move to it. I figure I can lease my house here in the front for some extra retirement money, and downsize back there. With the success of the shelter I built, I will do a basement under it with a reinforced poured roof to work as a shelter too.

the importance of having preps; living in this building is easy,but today a pressure switch said thanks and goodbye,resulting in over pressure in the pipes, and loss of my water supply as from 1215 local time,as they fix that,boy am I glad to have extra water,that might only take a couple of hours to fix but I'm able to drink,make coffee and fix food...wonder what my neighbors are drinking right now???

I still haven't shot my new AR yet. So last night I decided to utube how to break it down to clean it afterwards. Of course there were hundreds of videos. I watched a few, and have it down now. I did notice one video in particular where a hot girl in a bikini was filmed shooting her AR. I didn't really learn much from it but have to admit it was a lot more fun than some old guy rubbing oil on his weapon.
Seriously, I did learn a few tips. One guy went on about how everyone has a favorite oil or cleaner that they swear by, almost like its a religeon. He said in a pinch regular car oil will work. I like the fact that in real life sometimes you have to improvise. He did recommend using a spray lube/cleaner/protectant all in one. He said he has been shooting for something like 40 yrs, and has never had a rusty weapon. The biggest thing is to clean and lubricate it every time you fire it, not what product you use or how much it cost. I also saw a few recommendations for lubing the AR a lot, as it likes to be fired 'wet'. I just got a spray can of rem oil cleaner/lube and corrosion resistant today. Now I'm psyched to actuall Fire the thing. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cant go wrong with remoil. I usw it on every gun i own. Even the muzzleloader and it always treat me well. Just make sure to spray it outside or be really carefull not to get it on the floor.

Cant go wrong with remoil. I usw it on every gun i own. Even the muzzleloader and it always treat me well. Just make sure to spray it outside or be really carefull not to get it on the floor.
Glad to get some positive feedback on the stuff. I need to go ahead and lube everything I have as its been a while.

working outside today..got some cosmos planted in 2 flower pots,just off of the front porch..pluss i've planted butterfly weed and anise hyssop in a bed just outside the garage,and next to the driveway..now im working on de weeding my garden for the 2nd time this year..im using a hoe to do all that this time.on account i figure i'll get more of the weeds and grass out this way.then it'll be disked up a 2nd time.and the ground is soooo wet right now..dang rain anyhow..lol..

i was looking for something in my yard/garage sale stuff for something perticular..and found a oil lamp in need of a oil lamp burner and a globe..i already have the extra burner.so all it needs now,is the oil and globe..

Latest posts

Back