This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we went into town 2 days ago..and i scored another 5 gallon bucket from the cake department...and this one has the lid to it..but i still need lids for the 5 i already had gotton..

it's nice with those buckets how well you can keep your food preps,first time I used the bucket system I thought that I had in some mysterious way lost some food stuff,they not only keep them dry and covered,it seems like I have more room now and more organized.

I had a three day weekend, and got a lot done. I finished tilling the garden and got it planted. I got everything in except some green beans that I'll let climb the rear fence. I keep a legend/map of what, when and where I plant. I've done it for two years now so I can keep track of what did well and what dosent need to be planted again, or needs to be changed. Luckily we've had plenty of rain, but I started to get my pump going again. The PVC dosent drain well due to hilly terrain, so every spring I have to cut out cracked pipe and replace. I ran out of t fittings, so didn't finish, but hope to tomorrow. I also got a little done on the shelter, installing a door stop that's anchored well into the cement. (Just in case we do ever have a tornado here.). It's all sealed up and is dry and weather tint now. And lastly I finished splitting and stacking a pine tree for next winter. I got the brush piled down by the front creek for an evening around the bonfire soon. I always like moving fowards on whatever projects I have going on. So for the rest of the evening I'm going to enjoy some of the muscadine wine I made and relax. All in all, I had a pretty satisfying weekend.

i scored 5 more 5 gallon and 2 2-gallon buckets today.no lids thoe..so im in drier need of lids thoe..and i made a ultimitate stop on my way home..i stoped a BBQ place in which i got 2 jugs that conola deep fryer cooking oil comes in.still havethe screw on caps to them.they dont say size in gallons.but they do say 35LB'S,and im thinking 5 gallons..now if i can clean them good enough.then i have 2 jugs for water.

750 rounds of ammo came in today

FullSizeRender5.jpg

Didnt think I was going to buy anything this week after buying tires for my Wife's car an renewing both our tags . But we saw a sign about a book sale at the librairy and stopped by I got a Better homes and Garden Family medical guide its a big book and covers alot of stuff , a Merck Veterinary Manual thats also a large detailed book . And several History/War books .

Yes , papper backs $1 hard covers $2 .
Yep, I've got to find a good used book store! Also, darn it, you reminded me I need new tires as well. Mayby this weekend. I had to drive to atlanta today, in a really heavy rain, and saw about 6 accidents along the way. People don't think to slow down when the roads are covered in water???

I do not like driving through Atlanta . Its either bumper to bumper 20 mph or bumper to bumper 80mph .

I do not like driving through Atlanta . Its either bumper to bumper 20 mph or bumper to bumper 80mph .
The rain made it bumper to bumper at 10mph with no visibility, even at 10:30 am. Anyways, I survived! I'm safely at home and am canning the twelve pints of turkey broth/stock as we speak. :). I like to tell people now that when I have a third deer cross the road I consider that a bad day in traffic. Life is better in the country.

10klick walk done in the best weather possible,58min,when I'm able to do it in 50 I'll add some weight in my back-pack

10klick walk done in the best weather possible,58min,when I'm able to do it in 50 I'll add some weight in my back-pack
I live next to a creek with a four mile hike back to one of the best waterfalls in the area. I really need to take half a day and go. At least if your going to hike, having a scenic place to do it is nice.

Just waiting for a cheque from my pension company so I can get the contractors in to convert the garage into a prepping room.
Get a hammer, nails and lumber, and save yourself some money. You can then spend it on the supplies for your new room! I'm a big proponent of diy. I could easily help with any advice, and that's a fairly easy project to get started with.

im a big fan,of diy as well..1st reason,is i save money that way..other 2 reasons,is i get what i want in the way of shelves cabinets and/or what ever.plus other ppl dont know what i store there as well..

Family wanted to go to the flemarket today so I took them , knowing I would find some kind of prepps .
I got 1/2 dz pair of thick boot socks for $5 and found a big comercial type butcher knife out of the 1940's or 50's with a slightly curved bowie type blade for $2 . Im going to fefinish and sharpen to make a frountier type survival knife , Iv never seen a knife like it . And then found a Bear White tail 2 compound bow that was set up for bowfishing for $30 I didnt need another bow but picked it up anyway .
Grand kids found lots of toys , I was ready to leave after hearding them around for half a day .

Latest posts

Back