This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rooster is beating up the hens....love it! Haha....

I think your wine production has progressed far beyond hobby Brent.....

Just down the street from me, is a winery (and now a brewery addition to that business).
They are called Keel and Curley. https://keelandcurleywinery.com/
They started much the same way as your "hobby", lol....if

Their strawberry riesling is damn good.
I like the sweet fruit wines the most too. Blackberry so far has been my favorite. One thing I was bummed about was when I learned how most places get the flavors now. There's a mid sized winery here that sells wine making supplies. Used to go buy stuff from them before I found Amazon, which has more stuff at half the cost. Anyways, they sell these small bottles of fruit flavorings. They had 20 or so different flavors. I don't think there was any real fruit in any or them though. You can Ferment just about any thing from watermelon to mango, and even mix different fruits together. The good thing is I haven't bought any alcohol in ages, not to mention I'm a really generous friend around holidays and such...

yesterday,i got 4-1LB bags of pinto beans.2-1LB bags of rice,from wal-mart..and 2 things of iodized salt from dollar tree..that give me 3 full things of salt..

Last edited:
This weekend is so up in the air, but mostly with fun stuff, so that's a good change. All depends on my wife, either she's going to a scrapbooking thing, or we're going to Universal Studios Orlando (we have annual passes, and a friend is currently there), and/or going to see Piff the Magic Dragon's comedy show (he's here locally for the weekend, and always funny). He was on America's Got Talent and in the finals. We saw and met him a year or so ago.

Piff2.jpg

yesterday,i got 4-1LB bags of pinto beans.2-1LB bags of rice,from wal-mart..and 2 things of iodized salt from dollar tree..that give me 3 full things of salt..
I mostly get the canning salt. It's better for use in preserving. Reminds me, right now I have several boxes in the cardboard containers. I'd like to put some in mason jars too. With blood pressure issues I usually add half of the amount called for in recipes.

i went ahead and got the salt for 2 reasons.1st,i happened to see it while i was there.2nd,is.i figured,it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get it.i do need more preserving salt thoe.

This was my prep for the day, . . . Hunny and I went to buy some Cydectin at the feed store since I ran out and they just happen to also sell seeds by the bulk so got to stock up and hunny just had to buy 10 new chicks since a few of ours are getting older and will need to go in the freezer. On our way home from the feed store, I asked sweet hunny if he had some Chick starter at the house. He said no so we made a stop at Tractor Supply. They had 12 oz quilted canning jars on sell for $2.99! I bought the last 2 cause you can't beat that price!!!!

$2.99, wow. I was looking at them around here and they are $9.99 at all of the stores. Lucky score.
Original price here at that store is $11.99 so yeah, I got a bargain. Forgot to mention hunny bought a new Kingsford charcoal grill for $43.99. Last one on the floor so took the 'model'. Just need to tighten down the screws. Our last one is in need of new legs but for this price, hard to pass up

Not complete yet, carry bag for "Glock" Roni, custom tie downs, magazine pouches and Molle attachments at the back.
7842cc02260eecdf3ea4cf2b84d5f455.jpg
874378b98be734408356c73e609c4f55.jpg
d056b6c251a56600bac7b7218dea93be.jpg
Your stuff is looking more professional than the professionals! I always liked the idea of gear like that that looks like everyday clothing. I like the idea of the protection and carrying capacity, but don't want to be noticed. It's really cool to be able to dig it for yourself.

Original price here at that store is $11.99 so yeah, I got a bargain. Forgot to mention hunny bought a new Kingsford charcoal grill for $43.99. Last one on the floor so took the 'model'. Just need to tighten down the screws. Our last one is in need of new legs but for this price, hard to pass up
Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a deal than fix what you've got.

I've just got back from doing a big shop. This afternoon I intend to get ahead with cooked dinners for the week. I have a Ham Hock cooking for soup and I dug out my crockpot only to find the bowl had been broken in the move:( I will buy another. Very short term prepping today.:D

bummer about the crook pot...you able to get a new bowl for it?..cause im thinking.maybe,go ahead and get a new one.then order a new bowl to replace the broken one..but only if it's worth doing that..

I've ordered a new one, but that's a good idea to check for a replacement bowl.

yeah..never know when you might need a back-up for something.especially if there's gonna be a big get-together.where it'll help to have 2 instead of 1..

Hey, I am not a picky person at all and a canning jar is a canning jar :)! Even though it says quilted jelly jar, I have put plenty of other things in them when sis gifts me those for B-Day or Christmas

I managed to finish planting the greenhouse this morning! I'm trying to get a last crop of green beans, peas, onions, chives, carrots, spinache and radishes. If I can get my son to till the outside garden I'd like to get some cabbage and lettuces in, not to mention another crop of potatoes. Oh, it may not look like much, but I picked my first 4 asparagus stalks today! It took me several tries to get the stuff to finally live, then a year developing a good root system, and finally, 4 little stalks... Next year I'm hoping to eat fresh asparagus all season.
image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back