This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burglar Proofing all done and the neighbour is so happy he wants me to build him the gate for his electric fencing (Normal Price)

30f8eaa7a9467195370e1fe2014c4ebb.jpg

848556bbe5f564a436accf72d02e156a.jpg
Nice looking work. Here in the states they'd make you put in an emergency release for fire escape. I've never seen the mechanism, but it allows you to release the grate from the inside only.

Nice looking work. Here in the states they'd make you put in an emergency release for fire escape. I've never seen the mechanism, but it allows you to release the grate from the inside only.
I dont like the way i had to fasten these to the wall, i would prefer to drill right through the wall and use the same 12mm roundbar rod with a recessed square plate at the back, all welded, the release machanism you are talking about is done the same way with a spingloaded splitpin through the rod on the inside, basically the same as cars bonnet clip.
b3cd4f8a35b05173696b0d80b91bc5c0.jpg

Nice work! Was a challenge fitting the bars on our shop window too...how to best anchor them (in concrete block).....

I installed two new roosts for the chickens and repaired the henhouse door, to make it more predator proof. We have a family of four raccoons eating cat food on the porch every night, now, and the wife doesn't want them messed with, lol.
Sounds about right :). We use the human trap and then take them down the road to release. . . just got to make sure it is over 10 miles or they will find there way back home!! I wont let hunny shoot them. Possums are a different story though.

Well, I'm still alive from our building project. Sore, but still going. I'm really missing my twenties right now. The main goal is to get the roof sheathing on and wrap it all with vapor barrier. Then I'm taking a break for a few days. Today we should have the overhangs done, and can start putting sheathing on the roof deck. That should be fun as we have a 13/12 pitch. You can compare that to what the guys climbing Everest deal with.... I need to do some serious gardening here, more relaxing stuff....

Oh, she hates possums more than I do. I'm from Arkansas, she's from Detroit. The first time she saw one was traumatic for me and the possum.
We caught one here that fell into a garbage can and couldn't get back out. He hissed and threatened like mad when we were looking at him in there. I had always thought they were slow creatures. When I turned the can on its side I was amazed at how fast that critter hauled it out of there. The little guys are so ugly, snaggly toothed and scruffy, that there almost kind of cute.

Well, I was shopping today and a certain German supermarket were selling lovely fresh Red Cabbage for 50p each regardless of size so a snatched a couple up and the first batch of Red Sauerkraut is now underway. (God I love this stuff!) .

We caught one here that fell into a garbage can and couldn't get back out. He hissed and threatened like mad when we were looking at him in there. I had always thought they were slow creatures. When I turned the can on its side I was amazed at how fast that critter hauled it out of there. The little guys are so ugly, snaggly toothed and scruffy, that there almost kind of cute.
First time I saw a possum was when I was working on a job in the mid west. I thought it was a huge ugly rat. The guys there called them " grinners". I guess they kind of look like they're always grinning.

First time I saw a possum was when I was working on a job in the mid west. I thought it was a huge ugly rat. The guys there called them " grinners". I guess they kind of look like they're always grinning.
All I'm sure of is they all seem to be in need of good orthodontics. They are some snaggly toothed little varmits!

Damn things do play dead. My wife tried convincing me for 20 minutes this one was dead. I said no it isn't, it hissed at me! She said no it didn't, and any amount of prodding next to it didn't phase it. Finally, she got a hose, and it then hissed and ran. Her face was priceless.....

This morning I started out boiling my 20lbs of chicken, making a broth and deboning. . . then Betsey decided that she was finally ready to have her little calf. I spent the rest of my morning and early afternoon out in the rain with her and the new babe. Thank goodness we have trees that I could stand under so it wasn't too bad. Kept an eye on them both, her to make sure she got fully cleaned out and the calf to make sure he nursed. When satisfied on both came in to can up 24 half pints of Cream of Chicken Soup and made dinner.

This morning I started out boiling my 20lbs of chicken, making a broth and deboning. . . then Betsey decided that she was finally ready to have her little calf. I spent the rest of my morning and early afternoon out in the rain with her and the new babe. Thank goodness we have trees that I could stand under so it wasn't too bad. Kept an eye on them both, her to make sure she got fully cleaned out and the calf to make sure he nursed. When satisfied on both came in to can up 24 half pints of Cream of Chicken Soup and made dinner.
Congrats grandma! Glad the birth went well.

That's a lot of soup!

Spent $26.08 at the grocery store. . . picked up
60 lbs chicken leg quarters
30 lbs potatoes
6 lbs bananas
and 1 tank top. . . hard to pass up at $1.

That's amazing! How the heck did you do THAT?

Latest posts

Back