This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
155911644.jpg
way out of my budget,but I'd take this one in a heart beat :)

Anytime you have poultry you will have the occasional predator. Disease sneaks up occasionally too, keep some antioniotics at the ready. I had almost all the birds die in a three day period once. It's just part of learning and living as a prepper.

I had one die the other day (a chicken). First one that died, since we originally got 8 chicks (and lost one, was a runt). Couldn't tell how or why she died. Was after a storm, but they were all safe in the coop. Only about 2 years old. So from 7 to 6 now. Poor thing. Nobody else seemed affected, so don't think it was illness (but not eating her either, to be on the safe side). It does hit home something though. Come SHTF, I'm having TWO coops, just in case a bird or two in one get infected and they all perish. To lose all in such a case, could be disastrous.

On a lighter note, we got a nice gazebo set up in the backyard. Hell of a deal on it too. With a new grill, it's a beautiful setup, and a great outdoor space. I added a good strong fan in the center roof, and some rope lighting along the supports (ran power out to it). Eventually, I'll add some paving stones to form a floor for the whole thing, and move my iron/marble table out there. It was great for the 4th though. Grilling with a nice breeze, and at night with plenty of light. Even sprinkled rain a little bit, but no deal inside the gazebo....wish I'd done it sooner.

We'll be putting the pool up near it too, hopefully next weekend if I get some help from the kids. I still have to build the mini deck for it, but that would have to be the following weekend.

I had a pretty good day. I went to Wally World for a few groceries and came home with a lot more than I should have. On a whim I got 2 more cases of pint mason jars, 20 packs of lids for them, 4 boxes of canning salt, 10 bottles of chlorine bleach tablets, some canned goods for the pantry and ten more lbs of sugar. Funny, our new business is really doing well, but My confidence in the world economy is really tanking lately, so I'm going to put some more effort in some supplies every time I go shopping. I keep a small notepad with me, and when ever I think of an item it goes on it. I need all the help I can get with being organized!

i went to put my jars away.thats when i noticed i had gotten 1/2 pint jars by mistake..but no biggie.i'll be going to town tomorrow.in which i can exchange them for the 1 pint jars...we got 2 fryer hens.i'll be cooking n canning them..im also planning on getting some white rice and 4LB'S or more in pinto beans...gonna see if can accomplish dry canning them in my pressure cooker..

I've been really bad about prepping lately but y'all have been kickin booty!!! I've been motivated by the up coming elections. My opinion is that no matter who wins, we're screwed. Anyway........ I think it's time for us to get some things in order. I need to get my head back in the game and get a budget for prepping. My garden is doing pretty well & I was able to can 5 pints of snap beans yesterday, but it was from 3 days of harvest. I think I'm going to try to devote $50 per paycheck (every 2 weeks). I'm torn between ammo and food/water/other necessities. My plan is to make a plan this weekend.

I got the best prep news ever today. My son and his wife are finally having a baby. He was the youngest four kids, and although not the first grandchild, he is by far the closest, so we will be able to see this one more than once a year. I need to find an Imoge with a cigar somewhere! I guess it is a prep as at least there are more people to carry on.

I got the best prep news ever today. My son and his wife are finally having a baby. He was the youngest four kids, and although not the first grandchild, he is by far the closest, so we will be able to see this one more than once a year. I need to find an Imoge with a cigar somewhere! I guess it is a prep as at least there are more people to carry on.
Congratulations Brent! That is great news. My daughter and son in law just had a baby boy a couple months ago and a girl a year ago.
A big part of my prepping is to make sure that if there ever is a collaspe these kids will never know what an empty belly feels like.

Congrats, Brent!!!!! If you lived close I'd give you a cigar!!! So happy for you and your family!!!

Congratulations Brent! That is great news. My daughter and son in law just had a baby boy a couple months ago and a girl a year ago.
A big part of my prepping is to make sure that if there ever is a collaspe these kids will never know what an empty belly feels like.
I couldn't agree more, there is nothing more important than taking care of your loved ones.

Latest posts

Back