This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need help with a decision the ZA military has three programmes all with the same result. I can take on the challenge but which one. Military skills and development programme, military training programme or other. The first seems prime because it revolves more around UN peace keeping and allows me to immigrate to another commonwealth country.

Oh no, this is much tastier than fish. We call it Squaw Candy. It's smoked with a coating of dark brown sugar, molasses, dark rum, honey, maple syrup, ground pepper, a few beers for the cook, and a few other ingredients. The whole process takes several days, depending on how many fish we get. I do my jerky with a similar mixture, only with no wood added to the smoker.
Sounds good, I always say I'll try anything once. Heck I've even tried snails about four times, and yup, they are still nasty!
The only fish I really like is white, mild and batter fried. Throw in some fries and a cold beer and life is pretty good.

I just got the permission to hunt a 35acre wooded property that has not been hunted for the last 40 years. Im going to set up trail cams and and my stand next weekend. More than pumped right now!!!

Sounds good, I always say I'll try anything once. Heck I've even tried snails about four times, and yup, they are still nasty!
The only fish I really like is white, mild and batter fried. Throw in some fries and a cold beer and life is pretty good.
Can't say that I've ever been hungry enough to eat a snail. I've been to restaurants before where snail was on the menu, no thanks.
I've used this same recipe on halibut and ling cod before. Although not as good as salmon, in my opinion, it still came out pretty tasty. It should work on any type of fish.

Can't say that I've ever been hungry enough to eat a snail. I've been to restaurants before where snail was on the menu, no thanks.
I've used this same recipe on halibut and ling cod before. Although not as good as salmon, in my opinion, it still came out pretty tasty. It should work on any type of fish.
Yup, snails were as nasty as I imagined. Oysters are kind of like eating a lugie as well. I've had them at least ten times, but can't get over the gag reflex when they slide down your throat. I've even had the expensive kinds of caviar, which are disgusting too. I get that a sailor got shipwrecked once. Ok, he had to survive and eat whatever was available. But at some point he was rescued. He should have gone back to eating civilized food at some point!

Yup, snails were as nasty as I imagined. Oysters are kind of like eating a lugie as well. I've had them at least ten times, but can't get over the gag reflex when they slide down your throat. I've even had the expensive kinds of caviar, which are disgusting too. I get that a sailor got shipwrecked once. Ok, he had to survive and eat whatever was available. But at some point he was rescued. He should have gone back to eating civilized food at some point!
I love oysters and caviar! But I do know what you mean about the texture, and can't argue that point. I'll be remembering that visual the next time I eat some raw oysters! When I lived in Central Asia I ate a lot of stuff that they called food, like; stuffed intestine (stuffed with what, I have no idea), horse tongue, sheep eyes, fermented camel milk, fish heads, and other unidentified (animal?) body parts. Even English food was a treat after that!

I love oysters and caviar! But I do know what you mean about the texture, and can't argue that point. I'll be remembering that visual the next time I eat some raw oysters! When I lived in Central Asia I ate a lot of stuff that they called food, like; stuffed intestine (stuffed with what, I have no idea), horse tongue, sheep eyes, fermented camel milk, fish heads, and other unidentified (animal?) body parts. Even English food was a treat after that!
I'm pretty adventurous with food and love trying new things, but some things just make you gag! My attitude is if you don't try new things then you'll never get to have a new favorite. :).

True you need flavour and texture in all foods so perhaps a chocolate mouse cake with tampered chocolate walls. When you cut through a nice fluffy cake liquid chocolate runs out of it and you hear the crisp of Belgium chocolate in your mouth. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

True you need flavour and texture in all foods so perhaps a chocolate mouse cake with tampered chocolate walls. When you cut through a nice fluffy cake liquid chocolate runs out of it and you hear the crisp of Belgium chocolate in your mouth. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.
That sounds like something my wife would go nuts over. Me, not so much. My favorites are cherry cheese cake and key lime pie.

Staying away from all the sweet stuff for me, used to crave the same things, worth it, lost 33 pounds since January.

Iv gained 10 lbs up to 180 lbs from my normal 170 lb .
Went into a local Gun / Pawn shop to see if he had picked up anything new . He had a Sure Fire light display set up , I noticed he had it full of cheaper brand lights . I picked up 2 Nebo LED lights $10 each . They work good , have a strobe feature , have a sharp cuttine eadge for striking a attacker . Kind of deceptive of him putting off brands in his sure fire case but Im use to doing business with him and he had cheap prices on them and not trying to get high end price for lesser known brand .

Latest posts

Back