This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also my hunting gear arived today. Got a pair of pants, long sleeve shirt, skull cap and bow hunter gloves on clearance and an additional 30% off the entire order. 250$ worth of gear for 70$.... Gotta love coupons.

On another note i also got my treestand hung, trailcam out today and have a food plot going. October first cant come early enough. Its about time that i get my bow back from the bow shop.

Mounted the scope.
uploadfromtaptalk1439093037365.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439093053605.jpg

Stoped by the local Walmart and they had thier Black hawk tactical gear on clearance 1/2 price . I got a tactical stock and forearm for my Remington 870 shotgun , push dagger , foregrip for any weapon with a rail , shotgun light / laser mount . They also had thier AR,s and tactical shotguns on sale .

They had some great prices on hunting rifles there the other day...definitely on my Christmas list. That and a security camera system.

Those are my two of my "big" items (I'll typically get at least one "big" present from the wife). The other big item on my list is a decent sized (about 46") HDTV to use for a gaming table (but that's a whole geek/nerd fest story of it's own).

Ok, that last paragraph was just rambling...end of the day and all that.

Managed to get some .22 LR and 5.56 green tip ammo this week to add to my stock, and a backorder of .45-.70 bullets came in for reloading. Its still hard to find .22 ammo, but just about everything else is pretty much available.

I got the sheathing mostly up on my front porch! It is south facing and I am closing it in to help with both heating and cooling the house. In the winter I plan to generate heat through the six windows, and let it into the house. In the summer I will open the tops of the windows to let heat out and use the shade to help keep the house from getting as hot. I also plan to use pots in each window to grow some stuff like spinache and chives that I like daily. This weekend I hope to have it wrapped in the moistur barrier and the windows installed. Trim and fiber cement siding come next. One of these days I need to take one off!

Just bought my Wife a new Chevy Cruz . It was time to get something else , I will take her Chevy Blazer and park my old work car . I may camo it and add it to my prepps .

image.jpg
I just brought home the hardi trim boards and a few more 2x4's in preparation for the weekend. I hope to have everything done in preparation for the hardi plank to go up by the end of the weekend, but we will see how hot it is outside! I'm not as dedicated as I used to be. As long as I see some progress I'm ok with going a little slower.

We're sending another load of stuff out to our BOL, or what we call "our finial resting place". Its over 2,000 miles one way. My daughter and son-in-law and are driving this load out. Once our house sells we'll take the rest out in my gooseneck trailer and a semi truck/trailer. I hate moving, but I hope to have it all done by start of trapping season.

this week I finally got my new compass,a monocular,the latter went straight to my EDC,picked some raspberrys,lucky the grow wild here where I live.

otherwise it's training at that hospital,doing some schoolwork,not much spare time.

this week I finally got my new compass,a monocular,the latter went straight to my EDC,picked some raspberrys,lucky the grow wild here where I live.

otherwise it's training at that hospital,doing some schoolwork,not much spare time.
I bought about 8 thornless raspberry plants a while back. They have grown great, and spread, only problem is they are blackberries! This year I got enough to make a 5gal batch of wine with them. It's almost done fermenting, but will still be a few weeks of clarifying/settling before bottling. I can't wait to try it! I have a lot of wild blackberries on the property, and am watering them to spread on the fence line, but they are 1/4 the size of the cultivated ones. Also it's hazardous to risk picking them with the thorns! What do you do with them? I haven't tried jelly or anything yet, but will next year.

some will be jelly,some I eat fresh with healthy pancakes and whippedcream ;)
love it when I just have to go out to pick them...no one other seems to care that we have free raspberrys out sife this house,very strange.

some will be jelly,some I eat fresh with healthy pancakes and whippedcream ;)
love it when I just have to go out to pick them...no one other seems to care that we have free raspberrys out sife this house,very strange.
Most people here don't think there worthy the effort to pick. I get the feeling they'd rather go to mcdonalds!

Most people here don't think there worthy the effort to pick. I get the feeling they'd rather go to mcdonalds!
True that. Its a messed up food system here. I stopped at a lil convenient store the other day because i forgot to bring water with me in my work truck. I had the choice between a 16oz water for 1.99$ or a 2liter pop for .99$. Are you kidding me??? No wonder diabetes and obesity are as high as they are over here...

True that. Its a messed up food system here. I stopped at a lil convenient store the other day because i forgot to bring water with me in my work truck. I had the choice between a 16oz water for 1.99$ or a 2liter pop for .99$. Are you kidding me??? No wonder diabetes and obesity are as high as they are over here...
Fast food is what 80% of everyone eats now. I just saw where Starbucks is putting something new into its pumpkin spiced latte, some real pumpkin! Kind of ironic that it made world news because a company's decided to use the real thing vs fake flavorings. I eat junk food some, but it's a splurge once in a while. I have noticed that most times I eat out it blows thru me in less than an hour! (Sorry for the graphic content :confused:). But that should be telling me something. Even my stomache knows the stuff isn't good for you and tries to get rid of it quickly!

I'm still not sure how relevant the porch is to prepping, but I'm making some progress on it! I'll start installing the lap siding next. I do think it's wise to try and do all the projects you want to accomplish now, or soon, as if the economy and inflation go where I think they will, things are going to be a lot harder to do after the fact.
image.jpg

Good day every body.
I've been here for almost 2 years now following everybodies stories.
So i finally decided to tell and ask you guys something.
How would like it all you have to prep for is a plane ticket and perfect timing knowing when its time to leave the hot zone.
Well a have biuld 7 beep underground bunkers allready to costomers.
Its fully eqiuped with everythi g you need to survive 2 years underground. Fully plumbed,of the grid elecrticity. Everything you can think of. Also comes with weapons for self defence and hunting a d a 4x4 truck.

Please let me know what you think

After TSHTF some reflective foil and a few mirrors strategically placed and you have a superb place for growing tomatoes, potatoes, carrots both into the extension AND on the roof.

I'm still not sure how relevant the porch is to prepping, but I'm making some progress on it! I'll start installing the lap siding next. I do think it's wise to try and do all the projects you want to accomplish now, or soon, as if the economy and inflation go where I think they will, things are going to be a lot harder to do after the fact.View attachment 4517

Latest posts

Back