Enough doom and gloom, what are you getting others for Christmas?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son has always liked old Westerns and last year he got a Chuck Conners Rifleman shirt. This year he has found Hop Along Cassidy so he's getting a "Hoppy" shirt.

He even named a chicken Hoppy.

When he's watching, he puts on his cowboy hat and bandana. He uses a stick as a rifle and the remote as a pistol. He has toy guns, but likes the others better.

Okay, I'm going to bore you with a story. Two years ago, I got my son a large pedal car and had to leave it across the road at neighbors.

So, on Christmas morning, my daughter snuck and dialed the house phone. I answered and pretended I was talking to Santa. He told me it was really foggy and he left the car next door. My son still talks about Santa making a mistake and calling me.

When he's watching, he puts on his cowboy hat and bandana. He uses a stick as a rifle and the remote as a pistol. He has toy guns, but likes the others better.

Sounds like an old soul.

Two years ago, I got my son a large pedal car and had to leave it across the road at neighbors.

I saw a battery powered batmobile in WalMart for kids to ride in. Man, I would have KILLED for that as a kid....LOL. I too had a pedal car though, long, long ago. I was too young to remember it, so only know about it from pictures.

To this day, I'm still not sure if I owned it, or "appropriated the use" of it from other kids.... My mother seemed a bit evasive on that one. Odd, as in later years, I became kind of an anti-bully, defender of the weak kind of guy....

I have too many people to get presents for so I'm still working on it. I usually try to get things that people can actually use (and will enjoy, of course) instead of just tchotchkes that will become clutter. I just bought this kid's tool box for my youngest sister. She likes to hang out and watch whenever we are working on projects around the house so I figured she might as well learn to make herself useful.

That's why we and our friends all decided to do a Secret Santa instead of everyone buying gifts for everyone. (it also ups the limit for that one gift). It's worked pretty well for the few years since we started it. (and made it a lot less stressful).

I gave my wife the book early (the custom one, about our relationship), as I knew she really needed some cheering up lately. It went over pretty well. I'm glad I gave it to her early, as it really picked up her spirits. She couldn't wait to take it to work and show folks, so I'm happy she's happy for a bit.

A few examples from the book...

book1.jpg
book3.jpg
book18.jpg

All kinds of other mushy pages of stuff. Things I love about her, doing with her...all that kind of thing.

(and yes, she does have purple hair, she's just cool like that...lol.) My hair has a bit more gray in it, so took some artistic license there.

this one was lovebookonline.com I liked it because you could really customize it a lot, and add/remove thought/speech bubbles, objects, switch roles in pics, and choose individual page layouts, etc. And, you can create and preview a book without actually ordering it (though obviously, I did).

@Gazrok

Do not go to her (wifes) work Christmas party, there are going to be a lot irritated hubby's that got grilled by their wives because of that loving book. No good (book) deed goes un-punished. Good job there.

@Gazrok

Do not go to her (wifes) work Christmas party, there are going to be a lot irritated hubby's that got grilled by their wives because of that loving book. No good (book) deed goes un-punished. Good job there.

Boy, that is true. "Why can't you be sweet like that?" "You never give me anything nice like that book?" On and on...lol

A few examples from the book...

View attachment 9230 View attachment 9231 View attachment 9232

All kinds of other mushy pages of stuff. Things I love about her, doing with her...all that kind of thing.

(and yes, she does have purple hair, she's just cool like that...lol.) My hair has a bit more gray in it, so took some artistic license there.
That's a great choice in gifts Gaz. I like thoughtful gifts like that. Something from the heart like this means so much more (to most people) than some plastic poc from China Mart.

Thanks all (and glad I could help, with the suggestion!). Yeah, these days, most places seem to have Christmas parties that are employee only (i.e. no spouse). I just don't get the point of that...but oh well. Even companies as big as both of ours.... I guess it's to save money, as we're both a lot less apt to go, if solo.....

Latest posts

Back