Chicken/egg question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a chance that the incubator eggs could start hatching tomorrow and I'm clueless.

Do I leave the dome on until they all hatch or do I take them out one by one as soon as they hatch. The temp inside the dome is 99.5 so it would be warm.

My plan is to put them inside the house in a tub with shavings and a heat lamp while they are still newborn. If it is warm enough in a couple of days gonna treat them like the ones I buy and put in the cage with the warming tray.

Please give me comments if I'm gonna kill them

Pretty much what I do. But if there is more than a couple of days between hatching I try to keep them separated from those that hatched a day or two earlier so they don't kill them before they can move well enough. Take them out of the incubator right away though, mine sometimes get caught up in the mechanics of it and die.

Pretty much what I do. But if there is more than a couple of days between hatching I try to keep them separated from those that hatched a day or two earlier so they don't kill them before they can move well enough. Take them out of the incubator right away though, mine sometimes get caught up in the mechanics of it and die.
Thanks for you help.

Please give me comments if I'm gonna kill them
Just a soon a the first egg starts to crack open and hatch, we pull all the automatic rollers out of the incubator and stop moving them at all. Let them hatch as they come and keep them from getting jussled around.

I take them out when they are dry, but not if it's just one. They need a buddy. I stop rotating 3 days before hatching. I know it's not recommended to help them out of their shell, but it's frustrating if it's been hours and hours and they're not getting anywhere. If they pecked out a bit, enough to let air in the shell, then they need to keep working on it, Otherwise the inside membrane dries out and it sticks to them like shrink wrap. Then they're stuck. So I have about 50/50 success with helping them out, but it's better than 100 percent dead.

Ten little Fluffy butts

Attachments

• 20240302_082213.jpg
    20240302_082213.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back