very interesting/worth viewing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score

Worth a watch if you can make it till the end. Makes some interesting points...

Yes but what is his conclusion and solution?

He was just establishing that world peace is possible in that we aren't naturally prone to war. The true problem which he doesn't discuss is poverty. As long as extreme poverty exists, there will always be violence, crime and war.

Yes world peace on a nation level is possible, but not through disarmament as he is implying. You will always have a very small percentage of people that get pissed off, insulted, lustful, vengeful, possessive or just plain crazy that will escalate a conflict by spreading such emotions to others. You must never unarm yourself, but you must put in as many safeguards as you can to prevent humankind from using them unless it's necessary. Whether its a rock, gun or a nuke.
Poverty increases some of these emotions, but is never the only factor, it's some thing else or someone else manipulating the poor. When a country is predominantly poor it's very difficult to put these safeguards in place. In that case we need to enrich other nations and not exploit them in order to assure peace globally.

Yes world peace on a nation level is possible, but not through disarmament as he is implying. You will always have a very small percentage of people that get pissed off, insulted, lustful, vengeful, possessive or just plain crazy that will escalate a conflict by spreading such emotions to others. You must never unarm yourself, but you must put in as many safeguards as you can to prevent humankind from using them unless it's necessary. Whether its a rock, gun or a nuke.
Poverty increases some of these emotions, but is never the only factor, it's some thing else or someone else manipulating the poor. When a country is predominantly poor it's very difficult to put these safeguards in place. In that case we need to enrich other nations and not exploit them in order to assure peace globally.

I don't think he is necessarily implying disarmament nor do I believe world peace can /will occur any time soon.

Im of the belief if there is a problem I wanna get to the source. Obviously most of us are here cause we're "afraid" something might happen in the relative future.

Instead of conjuring up and focusing of every possible scenario that can go wrong let's us try for a moment think how things can go right.

I agree with you about allowing the enrichment of nations. The gap between the have and have nots has been drastically increasing in recent history.

Latest posts

Back