Tornados

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm7

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
23 killed in Southern Alabama from tornados . The Company I work for has several operating units down there too . If They ask for Volunteers to go there and help I'll offer to . Maybe They'll provide transportation Im tired of the interstate for a while .

Last edited:
23 killed in Southern Alabama from tornados . The Company I wirk for has several operating units down there too .

Unless there was another one, it was East Central Alabama right across the Chattahoochee River from me (a loooong way from South Alabama). The same storm cut across the north part of town while I was up there on the way home from lunch. I got an emergency alert on my phone while I was driving home. I had to pull off the road and check the radar on weather.com to make sure I wasn't driving into the tornado. We had injuries and a lot of damage on the Georgia side of the Chattahoochee, but no deaths that I'm aware of. Those were all in Lee County Alabama

D0xZYdFW0AADYnY.jpg

Yeah.I've been hearing about it in the news..im expecting a rise in the death toll

Last edited:
Last night the special weather report was reporting a possible tornado adjacent to the restaurant where my daughter was dining. I get on the phone and my SIL says, "in that case, I hope they hurry and bring our food."

It moved out fast. It was traveling 60 mph, so it didn't take long for it to move. AND, they got their food.

There was reports of a tornado in the Town of Tullahoma . I haven't heard about any damage . It's Tn the tornado season goes from March to the following February .

That's South of Nashville. Probably 30ish miles from here. I'm terrible with distance.

Yeah, Oklahoma it's pretty much all year us "red people" watch out for tornadoes. :) Have lived in this state about 28 years, have only hid in a cellar twice. Still want to have a hidey-hole when we get to our new place. In the mean time, hubby's grandmother's underground house is just down the road. There is some local lore about the nearby town doesn't get tornadoes because of an Indian legend, and I've never heard of a tornado hit that town. We are 8 miles from it, wonder if it includes my spot? Haha.. would still rather be safe than sorry.

don't get Tornadoes over here, at least I've never heard of any, usually by the time they have travelled over the Atlantic they are downgraded to a winter storm, still high winds that take slates off roofs and bring down power lines but not a tornado.
We occasionally get tornados spawned from Hurricanes or tropical storms but most of Ours is spawned when a cold front and warm front meet in the atmosphere and the cold front ducks beneath the warm front and caues the turbulence . Some are also started from the turbulence from large storm fronts .

We occasionally get tornados spawned from Hurricanes or tropical storms but most of Ours is spawned when a cold front and warm front meet in the atmosphere and the cold front ducks beneath the warm front and caues the turbulence . Some are also started from the turbulence from large storm fronts .

Are you ready for tomorrow's weather?

Latest posts

Back