The Ultimate SHTF Vehicle: Terradynes Gurkha Series

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bigpaul, How about a log cabin on wheels...that will fit between the hedgerows...:D
648d3b027e0fb7ce3d21310063b21aaf.jpg

Cougar HE MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle)

Rated to withstand 14 kg of TNT - Level V (The Marauder is rated Level III)

In the initial field tests in Iraq by the U.S. Military, there were no casualties after 300 IED attacks.

If you are gonna dream, dream big :D
Cougar_HE_MRAP_II_Force_Protection_mine_resistant_resistant_ambush_protected_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_US_army_640_002.jpg
Damn, how much money are we giving in Iraq and Afghanistan anyways......

I wonder if any other non military vehicle could endure this kind of abuse and still run STRONG. Toyota is no joke.

The annoying bit is in the UK we only get a 1.5 litre Turbo diesel engine for NV200s but in the US you get a 2 litre turbo petrol engined lump and in Oz and NZ they get 1600 Petrol lumps.

In the American market the philosophy seems to have always been BIGGER IS always BETTER...which I don't agree with. Personally I prefer European cars. Japanese cars are great too and are probably the most reliable. I just like the attention to detail and overall refinement of European cars. Some can be quirky as far as their electronics are concerned...but overall pleasure to drive.

I dont like the US obsession with huge great 5, 6, 7 and 8 litre engines in passenger vehicles and pickups its just wasteful overall because the same end results can generally or close enough can be achieved with a good 2.5 to 3 litre turbo lump. my NV 200 give me an average MPG of 48 MPG. I can get nearly 700 miles on one tank full. Where US big engined lumps do win hands down is they last for decades with little MTCE because they are so lightly stressed, but the fuel economy is obscenely poor by European and Asian standards.

I dont like the US obsession with huge great 5, 6, 7 and 8 litre engines in passenger vehicles and pickups its just wasteful overall because the same end results can generally or close enough can be achieved with a good 2.5 to 3 litre turbo lump. my NV 200 give me an average MPG of 48 MPG. I can get nearly 700 miles on one tank full. Where US big engined lumps do win hands down is they last for decades with little MTCE because they are so lightly stressed, but the fuel economy is obscenely poor by European and Asian standards.

It sucks because even the European cars are getting bigger to cater to the American market. A new 3 series BMW is almost the size of the old 5 series. I hope it's a trend that fades soon. I love the nimbleness of smaller European vehicles.

Latest posts

Back