New Pigsticker

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had a full sized Buck fixed blade. This one was one sale at Amazon, and I decided to remedy that situation :)

I like long sharp-pointed clip points for skinning. I learned a style of skinning from my thoracic surgeon uncle who used a fish filet knife.

""0120BRS Cocobola Dymondwood General Knife" shown next to a full sized USMC KA-BAR for scale:
IMG_0019.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 5
Nice I like the KA-BAR too I have the USMC and the all black Army one . The only Buck I have is a original full size Diamond Back not the shortend one they made later .

i like both knifes.i forget name of the knife i have.but it's similar to the buck....and shorter...i like it for skinning what i shot.on account the tip makes it easier to get into tight areas.

420hc steel isn't bad as long as heat treatment is good. Buck has been inconsistent for too many years for me to trust them yet. Please keep me appraised of this knife if you use it Doc. Looks like a nice pig sticker.

My test is to skin and butcher a deer and then see if I can still shave with it. 440C needs resharpening, 01 Oil Hardening doesn't. Hope to conduct that test soon...

Latest posts

Back