Missile shot at Saudi Capital

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saudi has a fleet of F15s, (around 160, and just ordered over 80 more), in addition to over 70 of the Typhoon fighters mentioned above.

They also have over 80 Apache helicopters and over 400 Abrams tanks (which are far better than any tanks Iran has). Quality over quantity....

With the exception of about 30 F14s, and about 25 Mig 29s, the rest of Iran's fighters are a hodgepodge of older fighters (and even the F14s are from the 70's, just advanced for their time). They'd be shot out of the sky before they even saw the Saudi aircraft that hit 'em.

Not to mention the in-process modernization of suadi's royal navy with the help of the US and Britian, the US has struck the largest deal it ever made with the kingdom in their navy modernization, in part to counter irans naval forces.

I don't see iran attacking the kingdom by land in a full head on clash, that would be idiocy, it would be naval and air power though for the mean time it's just going to be proxy wars such as yemen.

Iran has far more naval power than Saudi, but Saudi simply has it's allies in the region, so....

An Iranian air attack on Saudi would be absolute suicide. Most of the Iranian fighters would simply encounter missiles. Those few fighters who didn't (likely those in the Mig 29's), would then encounter trained career F15 pilots, with updated avionics and a smattering of the Typhoon fighters. Gonna have a bad day....

We also have a habit of stationing a pretty sizable number of Stealth fighters and bombers in various (changing) locations in the Middle East. I could certainly see the US lending a discreet hand in this, to say, knock out a few airfields, and other logistical targets, with stealth, immediately prior to a Saudi conventional run at those targets. (thus making it just look like a successful, conventional mission). At least, that's what I would do.

Irans problem using air power against the Saudis is iran would have to contend with US Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar and it's multitude of assets. Iran only option is launching missiles and possibly drone strikes regardless, I just don't see it coming to that. Irans power comes through supplied proxy fighters not projecting overt military assets such as heavies etc... I think iran knows the Saudis aine't iraq (iraq/iran war) the Saudis will hurt ;)

170605135210-qatar-us-command-center-exlarge-169.jpg

In the final analysis, they aren't stupid. As you mentioned, they'll be content to saber rattle and fight via proxy wars.

Saudi purchased Eurofighter Typhoon along with Qatar, now United Arab Emirates and Bahrain backing Saudi further imposing restrictions on iran. Looks like the chess pieces are coming to play, I think their was a reason Israel and Saudi had a somewhat private meeting a few months back (a first since the formation of the kingdom) hmm, what was the meeting about? alliance of some sort? who knows.

Israeli chief of staff

"What do you think Iran wants?

The Iranian plan is to control the Middle East by means of two Shiite crescent, the first from Iran through Iraq to Syria and Lebanon and the second through the Gulf from Bahrain to Yemen to the Red Sea. This is what should be prevented in the region after the remarks and speech of US President Donald Trump, Iran's missile program and positioning in Syria and Iraq, and see this as a message to the region.

In this matter there is complete agreement between us and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which was never one of our enemies or fought or fought, and I think there is a complete consensus between us and them regarding the Iranian axis, I was at the meeting of the chiefs of staff in Washington and when I heard what the Saudi representative found It is exactly identical to what I think about Iran and the need to confront it in the region and the need to stop its expansionist programs.

How do you see the American position on the administration of President Trump?

With President Donald Trump, there is an opportunity for a new international alliance in the region and a major strategic plan to stop the Iranian threat. We are ready to exchange experiences with moderate Arab countries and exchange intelligence to confront Iran.

Have you shared information with Saudi Arabia lately?

We are ready to share information if necessary. There are many common interests between us and them."

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=iw&tl=en&u=http://elaphjournal.com/Web/News/2017/11/1177142.html

I read a long article today about the recent Saudi ruling family shake up and it's a move to further prepare for trouble with Iran....I can see a clash coming....I believe Israel would gladly jump at taking out the Iran nuclear threat.....Israel IMO would have done it already if not for the Traitor obama, I think Trump will easily be on board to feed Iran a few crap sandwiches.......rather than obama who aided the enemy time after time...

Latest posts

Back