Missile shot at Saudi Capital

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been protecting them for many years.....Iran is behind it, but Obama said Iran was not looking for any trouble....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/04/middleeast/saudi-arabia-ballistic-missile/index.html

This has happen before, why it's all over the news as if this is all new? The only thing that escalates is Saudi expands it's attack on Yemen for a short time and Iran proxies will claim civilians were targeted blah blah blah.

I'm waiting for the Kingdom to attack Iran, now that would be something to watch, I'm pretty sure Iran will attempt to attack Israel.. I'll take a vacation from my chores to watch this but in reality not much is really going to happen, it will be tit for tat for a while. *sigh

giphy (4).gif

If the Saudis are capable of intercepting missiles I can only imagine the technology we have unreavealed from public eye.

Most of the Saudis' stuff is all from us. Their rulers and our government have been snugly in bed with each other for decades. They are one of our biggest arms customers. (I'm more surprised they finally knew how to USE what they bought).

Honestly, I actually physically saw two Saudi F-15s crash into each other, when I lived there as a kid (way back in the 80s). (Military, then Defense Contractor brat).... Saudi bought a lot of our used fighters back then (and support planes) (vs. buying ordered planes now). In essence, a lot of our fathers were over there to teach them how to maintain these used planes, and keep them operational.

Obama said Iran was not looking for any trouble....

More like Iran knows it can't afford to look for any trouble... Israel is just itching for an excuse to turn Iran into a live bombing test range. The West wouldn't even have to lift a finger.

And why should Iran bother? When they can just capture 8 soldiers and then reap BILLIONS in ransom money? (funny how Obama claims we owed them the money anyway, yet the plane with the hostages couldn't take off until the plane with the money (all in different currencies to skirt the sanctions) landed....hmm?)

Whenever nuclear war comes up, people always think we have to shoot them down from the US. When really, our defenses are all over the globe, in hundreds of bases worldwide, and mobile defenses such as ships, planes, subs, satellites, etc. While nothing is fullproof, it is a multi-layered defense system.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/04/middleeast/saudi-arabia-ballistic-missile/index.html

This has happen before, why it's all over the news as if this is all new? The only thing that escalates is Saudi expands it's attack on Yemen for a short time and Iran proxies will claim civilians were targeted blah blah blah.

I'm waiting for the Kingdom to attack Iran, now that would be something to watch, I'm pretty sure Iran will attempt to attack Israel.. I'll take a vacation from my chores to watch this but in reality not much is really going to happen, it will be tit for tat for a while. *sigh

Maybe I should get the popcorn read...

"Blaming Iran, Saudi says Huthi strike may be 'act of war'"
https://www.yahoo.com/news/blaming-iran-saudi-says-huthi-strike-may-act-145627393.html

Maverick,

I just read the same. I think it can only be good for the US. Consider the scenarios.

First, this is Sunni vs Shiite muslims. So if lots of muslims kill lots of other muslims, do I care? Saudi is blaming Iran for starting this. Good. Probably true. As Mav said, get some popcorn & them them sort it out.

Maybe the US can make some money selling tons of weapons to saudi's. Russia can make a bunch of money selling weapons to Iran. Really, who loses here? Other than muslims, and I'm ok with that.

Iran has a military budget of about 12 billion. Saudi, about 65 billion. This is a pretty simple math problem.... LOL.

Iran does have a lot more PEOPLE in the military, but pickups full of people (or in a crappy tank) vs a modern tank...my money is on the crew of 4 in the tank.

On paper, Iran has more planes, tanks, etc., but this is a quality over quantity game. Also, Iran has a conscript military. Saudi has a professional one (people go in as a career, like the US).

I can definitely see a conflict resulting in Saudi buying more fighters and tanks from the US. Maybe even some more naval (as they kind of depend on us for that).

Last edited:
Saudi purchased Eurofighter Typhoon along with Qatar, now United Arab Emirates and Bahrain backing Saudi further imposing restrictions on iran. Looks like the chess pieces are coming to play, I think their was a reason Israel and Saudi had a somewhat private meeting a few months back (a first since the formation of the kingdom) hmm, what was the meeting about? alliance of some sort? who knows.

Latest posts

Back