Make your own water filtration system

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maudite

Banned
Reaction score
Used this U tube video for mine, ....this is a gravity fed system, means it will be somewhat slow. Every morning,will draw out a gallon, or two and recharge the top pot with the same amount, prefiltering first through a microfiber cloth. The method I used to prime the filters, as this is a requirement, was with distilled water in a garden sprayer. Worked great... For the pots, besides Wal Mart can be found in the dollar stores.

Used this U tube video for mine, ....this is a gravity fed system, means it will be somewhat slow. Every morning,will draw out a gallon, or two and recharge the top pot with the same amount, prefiltering first through a microfiber cloth. The method I used to prime the filters, as this is a requirement, was with distilled water in a garden sprayer. Worked great... For the pots, besides Wal Mart can be found in the dollar stores.

It’s basically the same idea as a berkey filter but they just have better filters in both carbon and ceramic. I like gravity feed filters the best as they have no moving parts to go bad. The ceramic is my favorite as you can gently scrub it to clean it and get years and thousands of gallons out of it.
I obviously didn’t see the video before commenting above....

Last edited:
It’s basically the same idea as a berkey filter but they just have better filters in both carbon and ceramic. I like gravity feed filters the best as they have no moving parts to go bad. The ceramic is my favorite as you can gently scrub it to clean it and get years and thousands of gallons out of it.
I obviously didn’t see the video before commenting above....

True, purchased two Berky black filters. Somewhat pricy, but safe water is priceless.... if need be, could add a third pot using Scheylle filters to prefilter radiation and ionized particles. But, currently not needed...

True, purchased two Berky black filters. Somewhat pricy, but safe water is priceless.... if need be, could add a third pot using Scheylle filters to prefilter radiation and ionized particles. But, currently not needed...
One of my berkeys has 4 filters In it that increases the speed. You could do the same in a homemade setup. I agree the filters are kind of high but considering that safe drinking water is the single most important thing prepping wise I don’t have a problem with it.
im not familiar with the scheylle filters. I kind of figure if there is radiation then we are screwed anyways. In reality though if you can filter it out even some it’s still likely worthwhile.

Latest posts

Back