Looting in Buffalo

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was elk hunting in Colorado 2 yrs ago and a freak snowstorm hit with about 20 of us up a mountain pass off in a national forest. We were all primitive camping and we got about 2 and 1/2 feet of snow that night with more falling and supposed to continue for the next week. I got up and started clearing snowith a shovel and worked several hours while all the other parties sat in their trucks with the heater on. I decided to go check on them and there was a lot of grown men sitting in their vehicles crying. Yes crying like little babies. One claimed he was having a heart attack.....I checked him out and he seemed o k so I made everyone some breakfast and told them they could come over and warm up in my tent. I'm fixing to get out . They claimed that the Forrest service would eventually start trying to find everyone and clear the road. No one had phone service, they all thought they were dying and their solution was to sit and cry with nothing to eat and limited fuel. I started clearing the road with an ax and a shovel and managed to get my rig and all up on the little dirt road and then cleared a path to them. All I got was negative responses and complaints the whole time. One guy from West Virginia kinda tried to help. The rest just kept telling me it was impossible. But 1 by 1 I got them pulled up on the trail and I started clearing a road out . About every twenty yards having to pull someone back on the road and clear another twenty yards. Long story shorter, we got down off the mountain with everyone except two boys I couldn't find. I reported it to the authorities and came home. All the while thinking about how that if this is the adventurers of today's society, we are in deep doo Doo when things get really bad. Their preparations sucked. They were big tits .and they made no effort to do anything but to try to talk me out of doing anything.such a disappointment at the condition of manhood in this country. Sorry about the rant , just telling you what happened.

That is kind of scary...the reaction of those "guys", not the snow! I hope you didn't go hunting with them again. They sound pretty dangerous when push comes to shove.

Erie County closed the roads on Friday. Anyone driving could be given a ticket (with exceptions of first responders, medical, and food workers). Car insurance companies have been known not to pay claims on closed roads.
Even Tops grocery chain closed their stores Friday until today. No real reason for anyone to be out on the roads.
Deaths in Buffalo area were 7 this morning. Half were heart attacks from shoveling. 55 was attributed for the whole country
Looting from what I have seen , happened in areas I expected it in.
Interesting fun fact.
Buffalo airport 92 inches this season.
Rochester airport 55 miles away 9 inches. But winter is only a third of the way through.

I distinctly remember the winter of 1977-78. We had so much snow, my brother and I took those old roll up sleds onto our roof and treated it like a hill. You couldn't see out of the windows until spring. We were inland N. Illinois; a long distance from the lake effect snows. That was a really fun year. School got cancelled a couple of days every week for a while and we had no electricity for a couple of weeks and the house was 100% electric except for the propane gas fireplace my dad installed in the basement. My brother and I dug a labyrinth of snow tunnels in all the ditches.

Vehicles didn't have the traction technology they have today so needing something from town was a real adventure!

Last edited:
Here is what ticks me off:

More than 12,000 customers in the Buffalo area are still without power on Monday, as officials say it may take days to turn it back on.

'Substations froze. They were snowed under. We had a report that one substation had an 18-foot drift on to it,' Poloncarz said.

'And when they got in the substation was frozen. They still don't even know to the extent the damage that occurred in the substation,' the executive continued.

Buffalo's deadliest storm in 50 years: Death toll rises to 27

Well, why didn't they insulate them better?

I have yet to see one article that blames the Democrat governor of NY for the 55 and counting deaths. No assignment of blame to the party's leadership for the looting, the lack of preparations, people trapped and dead in their vehicles, some found dead in snowdrifts aside the road, or any of the aftermath.

Instead of working to tell people, be prepared to stay in your homes, without electricity for the next week, they spent their time in the days leading up to the storm affecting them, demeaning the Texas grid and Governor Abbott again, because we had a few outages here and there.

I wish sometimes you could sue the media for negligence.

Last edited:
I was elk hunting in Colorado 2 yrs ago and a freak snowstorm hit with about 20 of us up a mountain pass off in a national forest. We were all primitive camping and we got about 2 and 1/2 feet of snow that night with more falling and supposed to continue for the next week. I got up and started clearing snowith a shovel and worked several hours while all the other parties sat in their trucks with the heater on. I decided to go check on them and there was a lot of grown men sitting in their vehicles crying. Yes crying like little babies. One claimed he was having a heart attack.....I checked him out and he seemed o k so I made everyone some breakfast and told them they could come over and warm up in my tent. I'm fixing to get out . They claimed that the Forrest service would eventually start trying to find everyone and clear the road. No one had phone service, they all thought they were dying and their solution was to sit and cry with nothing to eat and limited fuel. I started clearing the road with an ax and a shovel and managed to get my rig and all up on the little dirt road and then cleared a path to them. All I got was negative responses and complaints the whole time. One guy from West Virginia kinda tried to help. The rest just kept telling me it was impossible. But 1 by 1 I got them pulled up on the trail and I started clearing a road out . About every twenty yards having to pull someone back on the road and clear another twenty yards. Long story shorter, we got down off the mountain with everyone except two boys I couldn't find. I reported it to the authorities and came home. All the while thinking about how that if this is the adventurers of today's society, we are in deep doo Doo when things get really bad. Their preparations sucked. They were big tits .and they made no effort to do anything but to try to talk me out of doing anything.such a disappointment at the condition of manhood in this country. Sorry about the rant , just telling you what happened.
Why is it that people like this always want to talk everyone else into being as hopeless and unprepared as they are?

If I had a dollar for every time someone told me it was pointless to do any preparations because we don't have the money or means for a full out bunker, if be able to afford the bunker.

There is realism and then there is fatalism. You can be a realist and still plug away at a solution.

Anyhoo- I saw this video and thought maybe the Buffalo looters should have seen it. It made me laugh:

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/store-owner-thief-locked-door

Article from Newsmax. NO mention of all the stores in Buffalo that were completely LOOTED during the storm! Disgusting. There is less food because it was stolen in bulk with police watching in a couple of cases!

“Buffalo Residents Struggle to Find Food, Essentials After Blizzard​

…Scott McCandless, a 54-year-old resident in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, told NBC News that his Christmas dinner consisted of a bowl of generic cinnamon toast crunch.

"There are no stores open. It's whatever you can grab," McCandless told NBC News.

McCandless added that after his driveway was finally plowed at 9 a.m. Monday, he set out looking for open grocery stores as his food supply had dwindled…

We are kind of running out of food. It's really frustrating. The guests as well are losing their patience. We can't go anywhere. We're buried in the snow."

Some Buffalo residents have taken to social media to seek assistance.

One person on a Facebook account dedicated to storm recovery asked for spare diapers for twin infants, another for cold medicine for a sick toddler, and multiple people requested baby formula.

"Running really low on food, been stuck in our house," one Buffalo resident wrote. "Slightly starting to panic when I looked outside and seen it snowing more."

So, these people are not capable of feeding themselves or treating colds and flu for even a matter of days???!

Lord help us when worse things happen.

What I find interesting is when the Texas grid (which is 31% wind and solar) froze up a couple of years ago, I don't think/remember that there was much, if any, looting going on.

After hurricanes, yes. During protests, yes. Not during the ice storm and electricity emergency.

Maybe it was just too cold for the criminal element here? Weather might have an effect on a SHTF migration timeline.

I like to study behavior patterns, it is an important predictor of future events.
Democratic run city, along with the governor, enough said. Pretty predictable.

That is kind of scary...the reaction of those "guys", not the snow! I hope you didn't go hunting with them again. They sound pretty dangerous when push comes to shove.

They didn't go hunting with me, we were just hunting the same place. I didn't know them until I got there.

Article from Newsmax. NO mention of all the stores in Buffalo that were completely LOOTED during the storm! Disgusting. There is less food because it was stolen in bulk with police watching in a couple of cases!

…Scott McCandless, a 54-year-old resident in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, told NBC News that his Christmas dinner consisted of a bowl of generic cinnamon toast crunch.

"There are no stores open. It's whatever you can grab," McCandless told NBC News.

McCandless added that after his driveway was finally plowed at 9 a.m. Monday, he set out looking for open grocery stores as his food supply had dwindled…

We are kind of running out of food. It's really frustrating. The guests as well are losing their patience. We can't go anywhere. We're buried in the snow."

One person on a Facebook account dedicated to storm recovery asked for spare diapers for twin infants, another for cold medicine for a sick toddler, and multiple people requested baby formula.

"Running really low on food, been stuck in our house," one Buffalo resident wrote. "Slightly starting to panic when I looked outside and seen it snowing more."

So, these people are not capable of feeding themselves or treating colds and flu for even a matter of days???!

Multiply this by 100,000 when the big event happens, EMP, nukes, etc.. so many unprepared.

They have been trained to stand there with their hand out expecting someone to fill it with no self preservation.

Why didn't they stock up BEFORE the blizzard?!? This isn't the first storm they've ever had there. No sympathy.

Last edited:
They didn't go hunting with me, we were just hunting the same place. I didn't know them until I got there.
I get these idiot hunters coming up in their huge travel trailers and loads of ATV's and park by my lower gate and camp. Fortunately they have enough sense to leave when it starts snowing.

Latest posts

Back