Interesting Idea for Bunny Keeping (if you have an empty stable stall)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned that to even stop and help a turtle crossing the road is illegal.
Sometime you just gotta shake your head :rolleyes:, at least there is some point to our rabbit law.

Roos taste ok and we have a lot around here. Wallabies to I gather and they just about live in our truck :), but they are almost pets now (I often sit out amongst them at night and chat, so far none of them have replied but I live in hope) so I would have to go further afield to hunt. I have friends who are into hunting roos, when they get back this side of the country I plan to learn from them.

Meanwhile I will look into chickens, truth is I would find it easier to kill a chicken than a fluffy bunny :)

Sometime you just gotta shake your head :rolleyes:, at least there is some point to our rabbit law.

Roos taste ok and we have a lot around here. Wallabies to I gather and they just about live in our truck :), but they are almost pets now (I often sit out amongst them at night and chat, so far none of them have replied but I live in hope) so I would have to go further afield to hunt. I have friends who are into hunting roos, when they get back this side of the country I plan to learn from them.

Meanwhile I will look into chickens, truth is I would find it easier to kill a chicken than a fluffy bunny :)
It has been a little hard to 'take em out'. Once there dead I don't have much trouble with cleaning them though. I use a pellet gun as I didn't have the guts to do it by hand as I saw on utube. My problem is I'm watching them from birth to dinner plate. I pet them daily, hand feed them treats and talk to them. (Although there not much for conversation). They really do have a pretty good life right up to......:eek: The five young roosters I just cleaned were a lot easier on the 'I'm killing my babies' scale though. I will tell you though, when I go out to the freezer and pull out meat that I supplied, and know is healthy, I don't feel guilty at all, just hungry.

I will tell you though, when I go out to the freezer and pull out meat that I supplied, and know is healthy, I don't feel guilty at all, just hungry.
It's the natural order of things and I would be a hypocrite to say it's cruel then drive down to the supermarket and buy a packet of mince. And as you say, at least the meat will not be full of God-knows what chemicals.

We're not ready to start with livestock yet, but that's in the plan.

My friend that started the aquaponics setup has horses as well. He had a patch of chives that he said he only used horse manure in the bed, and those were the most beautiful, flavorful things I've ever had. I may try to get a load of it from someone before long. I have heard that grass seeds pass thru them and will grow in the garden though.
I got a couple of buckets of horse manure from my daughter's farm for my garden. I didn't have a problem with grass growing from it at all. The problem I had was breaking up the dried chunks of it to mix it with the soil. But now I have my own goat and chicken droppings for my garden!

what I've heard abt horsemanure that it has to be "burnt" so no seeds that are in it will grow,it's sometimes difficult for me to explain/translate things in english when I know the basics in fin/swe abt something.
but if you just throw fresh manure in your garden any seeds that passes the inside of a horse will be in your garden

what I've heard abt horsemanure that it has to be "burnt" so no seeds that are in it will grow,it's sometimes difficult for me to explain/translate things in english when I know the basics in fin/swe abt something.
but if you just throw fresh manure in your garden any seeds that passes the inside of a horse will be in your garden
You do a fine job of translating. Perhaps the manure I used had been burned from sitting in the sun for so long. I took it out of a 10 acre pasture that had 4 horses in it and it had been sitting there a long time.

wish I had some of that stuff to put in my garden,it's kinda difficult to get it here in the city and my brother doesn't give me his car for tranporting that stuff ;)

Latest posts

Back