Helpful Info. If we went to war with North Korea....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score
nkorea-kim-rifle-feb2013.gif

kim-jong-un.jpg

1411725921979_Image_galleryImage_North_Korean_leader_Kim_J.JPG

Who would side with them (NK)?

Whom are their allies?

China? Russia? I don't think so.

Who would side with us? Most of the developed world.

If NK fires at us...they get destroyed regardless correct?

If NK fires upon South Korea or Japan they get destroyed regardless correct?

I'm just trying to see this from perspective of North Korean top brass.

I don't see any way they come out of this if they make initial attack.

If they keep provoking us one of these days they're going to be dealt with one way or another. Question is who makes first move?

NK would lose, though it would get bloody. If NK fired on Japan, the US would retaliate forcing SK hand. In the past ('50) china helped NK along with the Soviet Union but on a smaller scale given russia and china at the time didn't trust one another but since NK also borders russia, russia had no choice in there view. Today, the geopolitical environment is much different than in 1950 and not to NK benefit. China would only become involved if it looks like US/SK looks to occupy NK, china nor Russia want's the US or it's allies to occupy NK nor do they want the two Korea's unified with the South as being in control as to what happen when Germany unified in 1990.

NK would lose, though it would get bloody. If NK fired on Japan, the US would retaliate forcing SK hand. In the past ('50) china helped NK along with the Soviet Union but on a smaller scale given russia and china at the time didn't trust one another but since NK also borders russia, russia had no choice in there view. Today, the geopolitical environment is much different than in 1950 and not to NK benefit. China would only become involved if it looks like US/SK looks to occupy NK, china nor Russia want's the US or it's allies to occupy NK nor do they want the two Korea's unified with the South as being in control as to what happen when Germany unified in 1990.

I wonder how they would respond if their leader was taken out. I mean I'm sure most of them are secretly hoping to be liberated from a 1950s way of life. I'm sure many of them are tired of being hungry and afraid 24/7.

I Think our military air campaign would take out most of their military infrastructure within the first 60 days. That’s being said, I don’t think we are capable of taking out their ground forces, ever. These people are tough, brainwashed and patriotic as hell. I also think they would have time to shoot off plenty of nasty things at S Korea and Japan before we limit their ability to do damage. Overall, I don’t think the policies we have had since the 50’s are worth a crap. Being adverisial has not worked in all this time. Maybe a new tact would be smart? It really does seem that this is becoming a runaway train heading towards war. Great, another war we can’t afford, and many more lives cut short or maimed on both sides. Our leaders on both sides are dumb asses.....

I Think our military air campaign would take out most of their military infrastructure within the first 60 days. That’s being said, I don’t think we are capable of taking out their ground forces, ever. These people are tough, brainwashed and patriotic as hell. I also think they would have time to shoot off plenty of nasty things at S Korea and Japan before we limit their ability to do damage. Overall, I don’t think the policies we have had since the 50’s are worth a crap. Being adverisial has not worked in all this time. Maybe a new tact would be smart? It really does seem that this is becoming a runaway train heading towards war. Great, another war we can’t afford, and many more lives cut short or maimed on both sides. Our leaders on both sides are dumb asses.....

Yea but how are you supposed to reason with someone whom is living in a fantasy world?

I can't reason with this idiot meathead TF on a message board on the interweb. I can't imagine having to deal with Kim Jung Fatazz while he is testing nukes out like he is playing some video game.

Yea but how are you supposed to reason with someone whom is living in a fantasy world?

I can't reason with this idiot meathead TF on a message board on the interweb. I can't imagine having to deal with Kim Jung Fatazz while he is testing nukes out like he is playing some video game.

covertly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a seal team 6 type operation

A) NK doesn't want war. Never did. Never will. The family business is extorting the West. How can people keep being duped by this? He simply wants his hush money to be quiet for a time again. That's it.

B) The best tactic is to simply IGNORE him. Eventually, it will get bad enough for someone of his own to take him out.

C) A "war" with NK would be nothing of the kind. It would be more of a "military response" to some action Un took. First, we'd use our air power to negate his air power. Also, we'd use naval power to blockade the nation. China would still bring in things from the north. Without putting boots on the ground, we'd never really do anything about his dug in emplacements. So, we'd have a campaign of routine carpet bombing. As long as the response was measured against Uns triggering act, I can't see Russia or China saying much about it.

D) Other than ignoring him, the next best thing is for China to have a puppet general stage a coup and take over.

Please. This is totally business as usual.

Yea but what if one of his test missles accidentally sinks of our ships. This could easily unintentionally escalate. Not likely but definitely a possibility.

More likely his missile hits ocean. NK weapons aren't known for their precision....lol. Seriously though, not the kind of thing that happens from such a test.

This is right by the NK playbook folks. Nothing new under the sun here.

Hitting one of our ships would give us all of the justification we'd need to bomb any missile facilities into rubble, and enact new sanctions. Where's the gain for NK here? Un's not stupid. Crazy a bit....but not stupid.

More likely his missile hits ocean. NK weapons aren't known for their precision....lol. Seriously though, not the kind of thing that happens from such a test.

This is right by the NK playbook folks. Nothing new under the sun here.

Hitting one of our ships would give us all of the justification we'd need to bomb any missile facilities into rubble, and enact new sanctions. Where's the gain for NK here? Un's not stupid. Crazy a bit....but not stupid.

I was being sarcastic but still...there is a substantial cultural barrier here that could easily lead to things being misinterpreted.

Again though, our best tactic is to simply ignore them. Let him spend himself into poverty until his own generals are forced to take action. He's only doing it for extortion, so simply don't pay him. Quit giving in. This is the ONLY way to force Un to change tactics. Then, he's either got to put up, or shut up...and if putting up is suicidal. Crazy as he is, he knows this.

NK nuclear weapons least of my worries, I would be more concerned about the artillery/missile pieces dug in up around southern hwanghe, cheorwon and south of kuandian mountain ranges! I'm not worried about the ICBM from NK. Regardless of our actions those artillery will cause an insurmountable damage and death before they are taken out, when I was stationed their the steel rain was the number one concern and remains so today. Too many artillery and missile batteries to take out using precision guided munitions leaving the less accurate carpet bombing, even using our stealth to drop the ordinances they are marked for AA/SAMs given that much ordinance is going to show up on radar once it starts falling. I don't believe the NK soldiers that command these batteries even have a clue what awaits them thus have less fear of the consequences as they should have in reality.

Un purges his Generals too often for a coup, if his generals do take him out it's going to be after the bombs have fallen not before, I don't see the country getting any worse than what it already is, if Un feels he is loosing control of his people he will go out with a bang and order an strike on the South. In either case Un will lose but it will be bloody on both sides of the DMZ no doubt about that. Going along the DMZ on the patrol path is scary as hell knowing you're not only being watched but you also have cross hairs on you, that's a guarantee.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back