Historic wind event - Pacific Northwest Monday 9/7/2020 ends Wednesday 9/9/2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Starting tonight Monday 9/7/2020 ends Wednesday 9/9/2020. The historic Eastern winds event is bringing damaging winds with 80++mph gust, it's historic because an event happens so rarely. What makes this more problematic is due to us being under a red flag warning with humidity down to 10~15% In some areas they are talking of de-energizing the power lines to help prevent fires meaning the power will be shut down. The last time a wind storm hit of this magnitude was the The Columbus Day Storm of 10/12/1962 with wind gust of 170mph. In 1962 the winds had rain, 2020 event will have red flag, I would prefer rain mixed in this. the 80++mph is minimum based speed. I'm praying we ain't going to have the wind gust of 62

Last edited:
Is this for your area Mav?

It may be a problem between San Francisco to Seattle as also did in 1962, yes it is my area. Even if I don't get hit bad with the winds at my house, it will impact me if power goes down and/or a fire breaks out, not so much power, but I don't like running them (generators) during red flag warnings. On a side note, Portland better be careful, if those dumb asses shoot off fireworks in these winds, Portland is in for a rough ride but hey, not my problem :)

It may be a problem between San Francisco to Seattle as also did in 1962, yes it is my area. Even if I don't get hit bad with the winds at my house, it will impact me if power goes down and/or a fire breaks out, not so much power, but I don't like running them (generators) during red flag warnings. On a side note, Portland better be careful, if those dumb asses shoot off fireworks in these winds, Portland is in for a rough ride but hey, not my problem :)

Yeah, I wouldn’t shed a tear if those idiot marxists caught themselves on fire again Or Portland. They should have been stopped long ago. Stay safe.

The El Dorado Fire was started at a "Gender Reveal Party."

That's a new one on me, I had to look that up. Being that it's in California, I though a "Gender Reveal Party" was where "gender fluid" people revealed their physical genders by showing each other their genitals. ROFL!

But it's just a baby shower where they announce the gender of the baby using a blue or pink smoke bomb, and it's the smoke bomb that started the fire. Might just be the most expensive "Gender Reveal Party" in history because they are liable for all the damages from the fire they started.

Eyewitness News caught some exclusive video footage of the gender reveal party members starting the fire....

We're getting a lot of blowing dust right now. Just saw a helicopter fly over carrying a water bucket. Not a good sign.

Your neck of the woods

IDfire.jpg

Smoke gone at 3:45am, East winds picked up. Grand kids radioed me past 11pm that the horses were getting restless, the smell of smoke was getting to them, anyway, getting to the stable last night was challenging, couldn't see the snow markers for the road due to the heavy smoke, i had to drive the quad looking straight down to the ground riding the edge. After walking the horses for a while they gone back into the stall, I put my cot and bedroll in front of the stall gate and slept their to reassure them.

Smoke gone at 3:45am, East winds picked up. Grand kids radioed me past 11pm that the horses were getting restless, the smell of smoke was getting to them, anyway, getting to the stable last night was challenging, couldn't see the snow markers for the road due to the heavy smoke, i had to drive the quad looking straight down to the ground riding the edge. After walking the horses for a while they gone back into the stall, I put my cot and bedroll in front of the stall gate and slept their to reassure them.

Quite a night for you Mav. Glad you let us know what’s happening!

Latest posts

Back