GoFundMe raises more than $1 million for Trump's border wall

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmttactical

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
The best method to test if the American people want the wall, their willingness to put their money where their mouth is. Now pass the word to all your friends and family to jump on this story. Even if they can't donate something, they can share the info, so they can find it and donate. NOTE: I have no affiliation with this project and no financial interest in it.

We The people Will Fund The Wall.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

A GoFundMe campaign has raised more than $1 million for President Trump's proposed border wall as of Wednesday night.

The founder of the fundraising effort, Brian Kolfage wrote on the page that he believes "it's up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling."

Kolfage, who is a triple amputee and Purple Heart recipient, according to the page, said he launched the GoFundMe shortly after a New York Post opinions article last week posed the question, "Why hasn't someone made a GoFundMe for Trump's wall?"

As of Wednesday, the campaign had received donations from 22, 448 people in two days to a total of $1,344,747, at the time of publication.

“If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall,” the page reads. "That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this."

Kolfage wrote that he had contacted the Trump Administration "to secure a point of contact where all funds will go upon completion," adding "We have many very high level contacts already helping."

The White House did not immediately respond to The Hill's request for comment and questions about whether Kolfage has been in touch with Trump administration officials.

The fundraiser's total continued to climb on Wednesday after the White House dropped its demand that $5 billion for Trump's border wall be included in a government funding bill.

The White House this week began discussing other funding options.

On Wednesday morning, McConnell (R-Ky.) indicated he will move a stopgap measure funding the government until Feb. 8.

“As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today,” Kolfage wrote. He added that he is "working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else."

More than a third of Republicans surveyed in a new poll said they would contribute their own money to privately fund Trump's border wall, according to a poll released Tuesday by conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...es-more-than-1-million-for-trumps-border-wall

Rush Limbaugh was raging yesterday. Trump has to veto the stop gap and close it down or his base is going to be highly pissed.

The Fed Reserve is working against him by raising rates. Its amazing whatnhenhas accomplished with so many working against him.

President Trump did announce that he will veto the stop gap bill, if the wall funding is not there. So many want the government to continue and operate like it always has, their meal tickets rest on poor government results.

I’ve heard a lot about how the govt shouldn’t force people to pay for social programs. Charity should be on a voluntary basis. Well, I’ve turned around and see the sense of that. I feel the same way about the wall. If anyone wants to donate their money for it, great. But for the govt to borrow money to build it is insane. I might feel differently if we had a surplus, but the fact that we borrow to pay interest on the loans we allready have makes me say no to everything other than necessities. Throwing around billions when you’re beyond broke is stupid.

I’ve heard a lot about how the govt shouldn’t force people to pay for social programs. Charity should be on a voluntary basis. Well, I’ve turned around and see the sense of that. I feel the same way about the wall. If anyone wants to donate their money for it, great. But for the govt to borrow money to build it is insane. I might feel differently if we had a surplus, but the fact that we borrow to pay interest on the loans we allready have makes me say no to everything other than necessities. Throwing around billions when you’re beyond broke is stupid.

A) The wall is not a social program but a security measure and is cost effective. Reduce or eliminate the illegals, then wages will go up, school costs go down, employment goes up, welfare costs go down. Population drops and environment improves. Yes I would love for all social and non-security related programs to be ended, until they can be funded and paid for in cash, no credit. No foreign aid, to anybody. No welfare to anybody, No immigration. No free college, no free anything crap. pay to play. We don't need a department of Education, turn it back over to the states. That way these liberal states will be dropping out of the job markets. I will drop my desire for the wall, just as soon as ALL social programs are ended and all illegals are run through E-Verify and forced to leave the country. Now if you can manage that, there will not be a need for the wall.

All I know for sure is in my business and my personal finances I don’t spend anything until I have it. I also know that you need to save some for unexpected things. When did our govt think it was ok to spend money before it had it? I don’t care what issue is the current crisis or bandwagon to jump on. So far I haven’t seen a difference from either the right or left on irresponsible spending. Both sides have been horribly irresponsible.

All I know for sure is in my business and my personal finances I don’t spend anything until I have it. I also know that you need to save some for unexpected things. When did our govt think it was ok to spend money before it had it? I don’t care what issue is the current crisis or bandwagon to jump on. So far I haven’t seen a difference from either the right or left on irresponsible spending. Both sides have been horribly irresponsible.

Brent, this is one post I completely agree upon. Both sides have been and continue to be irresponsible with the tax payers dollar. Not one side is the blame, they both are to blame. The problem is getting folks off the dole and into the work force. While I could just cut them off, 99.9 % of the folks would want them to have some warning and a limited transition period. We do need to get back to a fixed budget and then into line item veto's. No more packing the pork in with the needed items. Full accountability for every dime spent. Once we are back on a sound financial footing, then they can spend what they got, not what they want. Stop them from buying votes with our future.

I think Brent is trying to blend 2 different unrelated things.

First, we should all agree that deficit spending is plain stupid.

BUT, to say funding the wall should be a private-funded project would be the same as saying police should be privately funded. Or the military. That makes zero sense in any universe. It makes far more sense for the federal gov't to spend $$ on the wall compared to many things: from OSHA to EPA to DoE to welfare. None of these align with the Constitution and should be left to the States.

How in the world can you justify saying that the federal gov't is not responsible for keeping our borders safe from invading armies?

I think Brent is trying to blend 2 different unrelated things.

First, we should all agree that deficit spending is plain stupid.

BUT, to say funding the wall should be a private-funded project would be the same as saying police should be privately funded. Or the military. That makes zero sense in any universe. It makes far more sense for the federal gov't to spend $$ on the wall compared to many things: from OSHA to EPA to DoE to welfare. None of these align with the Constitution and should be left to the States.

How in the world can you justify saying that the federal gov't is not responsible for keeping our borders safe from invading armies?
I agree that deficit spending is stupid. As far as keeping our borders safe, sure, but not for borrowing 5 more billion dollars. Cut all spending until the budget is under control, start a 20yr plan to pay the current debt off, and then pay for a wall as the cash comes available and I would support it.
I hear that it is illegal to give a one way plane ticket to kick them out. Ok then just drop them back on the other side as soon as they are picked up. Don’t you think that rallying behind getting the laws changed to be able to do something like that would be smarter than going into debt on a program that is likely to cost double or triple the current estimate? (Based on past govt project estimates).

Brent, I agree it's be more than the projected $5B. That's ok, $5B will go a long way and people will support increasing that.

I don't care if it's a 1-way ticket. Take planes, don't bother landing, just push them out over their country. When budgets allow, you can even give them parachutes!

I agree that we should pass laws to discourage them from wanting to come here. E-Verify employment & stiff penalties. No anchor babies... But do you see Congress doing any of that? Or keeping those laws, or judges not revoking them? A wall preempts all of that. Your proposal is like saying you can't afford to fix a tire, so you want to drive on a flat? Sorry, it's more expensive to do that than pay interest on the $5B.

It's all a waste of time. We are being played. Our government is corrupt and supported by to many that feed off the money of the corruption. We are moving backwards as a country. The only way to stop this at this point is for the people to demand it stops and use force to do so. These corrupt so called servants of the people need to hang by there necks from a rope in public for all to see.

I stopped watching the news all the time. There is no point. I spend more time preparing and getting others to prepare. I focus more time on enjoying life with my family and friends. Trump and the forces of liberty that was backing him, have failed. To many people have allowed it to happen. Good people, intelligent people. Several on this site that are preppers, yet still are being fooled by the perpetrators of corruption.

Pretty much every country in the world has a national debt with another country. it is beyond my understanding but it is normal.

One of the primary responsibilities of the government is the security of the country. You can't have security without a secure border, ESPECIALLY when you are being invaded on a grand scale.
They say on an airplane to put the oxygen on yourself before you try to help someone else. This principle should also apply to our country. we have to make sure we can help others before we go and try to do it, or else we all go down. That is why we need a wall to protect ourselves. I donated a little, if I get a better job I will donate again, they said if everyone who voted for Trump gave 80 dollars we could build it. I did not stay up to watch Fox last night, so don't know what was said.

I agree that deficit spending is stupid. As far as keeping our borders safe, sure, but not for borrowing 5 more billion dollars. Cut all spending until the budget is under control, start a 20yr plan to pay the current debt off, and then pay for a wall as the cash comes available and I would support it.
I hear that it is illegal to give a one way plane ticket to kick them out. Ok then just drop them back on the other side as soon as they are picked up. Don’t you think that rallying behind getting the laws changed to be able to do something like that would be smarter than going into debt on a program that is likely to cost double or triple the current estimate? (Based on past govt project estimates).

Brent, you really do need to look at our current laws, as interpreted by the liberal courts. We can't just drop them back on the other side, liberal judges say they must get a complete and expensive asylum hearing. Families can't be broken even thou the parents committed a crime by crossing our border illegally. Funny nobody screams when we separate American citizens from their families when they commit a crime and are sent to jail. We spend billions hunting down those that fail to show for their hearings. The liberal judges say we can't hold them until their case is heard, so it is back to catch ad release and then disappear. An illegal alien lets his daughter get over come by dehydration but it is the CBP that are at fault she dies. When are these people going to be held responsible? The father of the little girl should be prosecuted for child endangerment at the bare minim and manslaughter would be more appropriate. in fact every adult that crosses illegally with a child should be prosecuted for child endangerment, that would end the asylum claims. They have committed a crime by crossing into our country illegally. We have ports of entry but these people are too special to wait their turn. We have a legal immigration process but again they are too special and important to wait their turns, like the respectful people do.

Now lets put this into a business picture. You have a business and a new piece of equipment will eliminate a huge over head cost and return you a substantial increase on your profit margin and bring you closer to profitability. Do you look at your current debt and say I will wait the next 20 years to eliminate all my debts or do you say, I will add a small increase to my debt but be out of debt in 7 years. The illegal aliens are a continuing drain on the American Business (tax payer economy), so if a small investment will stop the drain and pay for itself in a few years (estimates are between 2 and 4 years complete return on investment) then the smart business person make the investment and then has an additional cost savings for the next 16 years, that can be applied to the American debt and maybe get us clear even faster. Debt that does not improve the business (American economy) should not have been allowed in the first place. Since it has, then the smart business person looks to eliminate waste (social and foreign programs) and maximize their profit margins and improve operational efficiencies. A mart carpenter does not refuse to buy the nail gun, that would increase his productivity and his profit margin, because he has not paid off his truck yet. He uses the increased profit from using the new nail gun to help pay off his truck faster.

Judge saying we have to go get the asylum seekers and bring them back for a new trial is completely crazy.

He proved that with Flynn the other day. Asking if They were going to charge him with treason. People didn't know what to say to such an asinine question.

Just today I read about a pepper-picking robot. Here is an argument. Deporting illegals motivates companies to make replacement robots which we can sell to the world. And replace the illegals here. Smoke that in your pipe liberals!

If the wall is all about security, which I believe it is, then take it out of the military budget or entitlements. The cost of the wall would be a drop in the bucket.

President Trump would in a heart beat but the funds have to be designated for the wall, he can't just move money from one account to a different designated account. If that was th case, tehe wall would probably be completed by now.

Latest posts

Back