Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite soda drink is Ruby Red Squirt in 20 oz bottles, when I can get it. The nearest place that carries RRS in bottles is almost 150 miles north of here, so I don't get it very often. Mostly I just drink water.
I have never heard of that drink AD. Sounds interesting. Is it grapefruit as in Ruby Red grapefruit?
I didn't drink pop for years then I started drinking one Pepsi per week. Sometimes for a super sweet treat, I drink a Big Red.

I have never heard of that drink AD. Sounds interesting. Is it grapefruit as in Ruby Red grapefruit?
I didn't drink pop for years then I started drinking one Pepsi per week. Sometimes for a super sweet treat, I drink a Big Red.
Yes it is. Occasionally I can find it in cans at the grocery store 75 miles south.

I went into detail about HFCS because another member has stated she has hypoglycemia. It took me 20 yrs, an ambulance ride, and having a DVMDACVIM next to me to correct the ER MDs mistakes in explaining it
Not many people have that medical knowledge sitting in their corner to finally explain it to me.
The example I quoted is because Gary‘s example is what i finally found out after 20 yrs.
I dont do much soda anymore. But I did learn what I can do.

Remember when Big Red used to be less sweet before they changed the recipe?

I'm curious if any of you ever drink beet Klass. I tried it recently. It was... interesting.

I love water. We have it with every meal, even breakfast and always have a glass at the ready.

I also love salad. I really, really love salad.
We have the best tasting well water in the world. It comes up through 650 feet of solid basalt. We drink water all day long, except right now I'm drinking a Ruby Red Squirt out of my frozen mug. And shooting birds out of the fruit trees, shooting at them anyway.

We have the best tasting well water in the world. It comes up through 650 feet of solid basalt. We drink water all day long, except right now I'm drinking a Ruby Red Squirt out of my frozen mug. And shooting birds out of the fruit trees, shooting at them anyway.

I was shooting crow's out of my fig trees this morning. I don't like grapefruit juice. One of the very few foods I don't like.

I was shooting crow's out of my fig trees this morning. I don't like grapefruit juice. One of the very few foods I don't like.
We don't have crows here, just ravens and magpies.
I don't like regular grapefruit either, but I do like the pink and red grapefruit when we can find it.

We make our own teas from the trees and plants around here. Helena likes mint and I do the nettles and a certain tree here we call a "harsh" tree. We get home bottled well water from a 800 m deep natural spring with some CO2 in it and mix it with special types of syrups here from all different fruits and natural sugars in them. The occasional homemade moonshines and wines from the neighbors rounds it off well.
On top of that we can get beer from 5 different nations and over 20 different breweries.

https://slaynews.com/news/irish-farmers-government-cull-200000-healthy-cows-meet-climate-goals/Farmers in Ireland are expressing outrage over the globalist Irish government’s decision to cull 200,000 of the nation’s healthy cows to meet the green agenda’s climate goals.

The government is moving to reduce national cattle numbers over claims they contribute to “climate change” due to “carbon emissions.”

A report by the Irish Department of Agriculture outlined how 200,000 cows could be killed over the next three years to meet carbon targets.

The plan would reportedly come at a cost of around 600 million euros to taxpayers, with the document indicating that 5,000 euros per cow would be offered as compensation.

The country’s Environmental Protection Agency said that the agriculture industry was creating nearly 40 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions there, and much of it stems from the methane in livestock and the use of nitrogen fertilizer.

The country has committed to reducing its agricultural emissions by 25 percent by the year 2030.

They are calling the plan a “dairy reduction scheme,” but the result is the senseless slaughter of hundreds of thousands of animals in the name of somehow helping the environment.

The cull would entail killing 65,000 cows per year over the next three years, reducing the country’s overall dairy herd by 10 percent.

It is being positioned as a potential “retirement exit scheme” for aging farmers.

The president of the Irish Farmers’ Association, Tim Cullinan, said that the plan would only serve to increase farmers’ mistrust in the government and will not have the intended environmental aims.

He said: “Reducing dairy or beef production in Ireland will also lead to ‘carbon leakage’ with production moving to other countries with a higher carbon footprint.

“This is likely to increase global warming rather than reducing it.”

Irish Creamery Milk Suppliers Association President Pat McCormack believes that the focus should be on other sectors when it comes to helping the environment.

He said: “We’re the one industry with a significant roadmap, and, to be quite honest with you, our herd isn’t any larger than it was 25 to 30 years ago.

“Can the same be said for the transport industry, can the same be said for the aviation industry?”

He added that any culling that takes place needs to be done on a voluntary basis.

McCormack said that farmers would be willing to do their part to help preserve the environment, but that forcing the issue is not a solution.

Other critics of the plan fear that the move could have a major effect on the country that is not unlike what happened during the potato famine.

Australian geologist Ian Plimer said that the move would “only end in disaster.”

“The Irish know about this from the potato famine,” he said.

“A third of their population died, a third emigrated, and the same thing will happen.

“They will lose productive people from Ireland, and they’ll go somewhere else.”

Elon Musk has also weighed in on the proposal, tweeting in reply to an editorial wondering if American herds would soon follow suit: “This really needs to stop. Killing some cows doesn’t matter for climate change.”

Animal meat has long been a target of environmentalists and governments looking to exert more power.

Frankenfoods like Beyond Meat are being pushed on the masses, and tactics such as carbon taxes, agricultural subsidies, and tax schemes are being used to limit the availability of meat.

Some have even called for meat consumption to be banned.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates has said that he believes all wealthy nations should switch to 100 percent synthetic beef, and he has provided financial backing for meat alternative brands like Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat.

Synthetic meats are often made using genetic modification, and their long-term effects on human life are not known.

Lab-grown meats also fall short when it comes to nutrition, with many options lacking protein and other important nutrients.

https://slaynews.com/news/irish-farmers-government-cull-200000-healthy-cows-meet-climate-goals/Farmers in Ireland are expressing outrage over the globalist Irish government’s decision to cull 200,000 of the nation’s healthy cows to meet the green agenda’s climate goals.

The government is moving to reduce national cattle numbers over claims they contribute to “climate change” due to “carbon emissions.”

A report by the Irish Department of Agriculture outlined how 200,000 cows could be killed over the next three years to meet carbon targets.

The plan would reportedly come at a cost of around 600 million euros to taxpayers, with the document indicating that 5,000 euros per cow would be offered as compensation.

The country’s Environmental Protection Agency said that the agriculture industry was creating nearly 40 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions there, and much of it stems from the methane in livestock and the use of nitrogen fertilizer.

The country has committed to reducing its agricultural emissions by 25 percent by the year 2030.

They are calling the plan a “dairy reduction scheme,” but the result is the senseless slaughter of hundreds of thousands of animals in the name of somehow helping the environment.

The cull would entail killing 65,000 cows per year over the next three years, reducing the country’s overall dairy herd by 10 percent.

It is being positioned as a potential “retirement exit scheme” for aging farmers.

The president of the Irish Farmers’ Association, Tim Cullinan, said that the plan would only serve to increase farmers’ mistrust in the government and will not have the intended environmental aims.

He said: “Reducing dairy or beef production in Ireland will also lead to ‘carbon leakage’ with production moving to other countries with a higher carbon footprint.

Irish Creamery Milk Suppliers Association President Pat McCormack believes that the focus should be on other sectors when it comes to helping the environment.

He said: “We’re the one industry with a significant roadmap, and, to be quite honest with you, our herd isn’t any larger than it was 25 to 30 years ago.

“Can the same be said for the transport industry, can the same be said for the aviation industry?”

He added that any culling that takes place needs to be done on a voluntary basis.

McCormack said that farmers would be willing to do their part to help preserve the environment, but that forcing the issue is not a solution.

Other critics of the plan fear that the move could have a major effect on the country that is not unlike what happened during the potato famine.

Australian geologist Ian Plimer said that the move would “only end in disaster.”

“A third of their population died, a third emigrated, and the same thing will happen.

Elon Musk has also weighed in on the proposal, tweeting in reply to an editorial wondering if American herds would soon follow suit: “This really needs to stop. Killing some cows doesn’t matter for climate change.”

Animal meat has long been a target of environmentalists and governments looking to exert more power.

Frankenfoods like Beyond Meat are being pushed on the masses, and tactics such as carbon taxes, agricultural subsidies, and tax schemes are being used to limit the availability of meat.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates has said that he believes all wealthy nations should switch to 100 percent synthetic beef, and he has provided financial backing for meat alternative brands like Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat.

Synthetic meats are often made using genetic modification, and their long-term effects on human life are not known.

Lab-grown meats also fall short when it comes to nutrition, with many options lacking protein and other important nutrients.

This post should be a warning to all preppers , regardless of which country they reside . Famine for the unprepared is planned and coming . Get your self in position for " total self-sufficiency " if you are not already there .

I don't think a government culling program would go over very well here. First the government would have to instigate a mandatory cattle registration. I don't know anyone who would register their cattle with the government. I realize that most farmers and ranchers are already on some kind of government handout program now, so maybe the government would tie the registration to their government welfare checks. I don't think any small producers would comply.

Seems there are hard times coming for pets....
😈

Latest posts

Back