Could electric companies shut down due to high Corona Virus infections in their company? Other prepper Questions as well...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt we will see power affected by the virus, but of course no one has a crystal ball that works. My reasoning is that for most the virus is mild, so I only see it overwhelming hospitals and killing the economy with the lockdowns. I think the unemployed will have a hard time paying their power bills, but overall see it as an industry with younger healthy workers that will continue working.
as far as prepping goes, you’ve got most bases covered, well above most. The things that I think of off the top are, like karloshi, learning. Read everything you can about any topic that relates to prepping. Getting out of debt and having readily available financial resources available is a big part of prepping to me too.
as a good friend once said, ‘keep on keeping on’.

I agree. One thing I’ve learned from living in a big city is that these people don’t do well when their power goes out. If something happens where the grid is effected, the city dwellers will raise havoc regardless of whose fault it is. I think the politicians would be worried about potential mass chaos ensuing from them shutting power/water off on purpose and therefore wouldn’t do it. Unless, of course, they are using it as a way to make the people riot. We have friends who work for the power company and also the water, and both have said that it would have to be an event bigger than Covid for them to shut down. That being said, always prepare for the worst, right?

Latest posts

Back