Any Texas Preppers?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that flood. Being in Lockhart, we saw it all on the news. We have some pretty bad flooding around here but I'm on high ground. I just get rained in for a few days. Hope y'all didn't lose much in that flood.

We were both fortunate enough to be on higher ground for both major floods but I know some people who had their whole houses wash down the river. I remember seeing a mobile home wrapped around a tree ten feet in the air once the waters had retracted.

In '98 my family and I were trying to throw my dad a surprise birthday party... We had to call it when the parking lot started to fill with water, before he even arrived. Everyone got home safely and everything but it was an interesting birthday for him, no doubt. I was pretty young but I remember that a lot of gas stations were unusable, and you couldn't get to the grocery store for a few days. Whenever prepping comes up with people in town I always bring up the flood. I'm not sure if the power or running water had any outages as I was still pretty young but the images of the destruction have always stuck with me.

my folks got flooded out twice..1st time was in fort worth tx..2nd time was in cali....i think that they learned when it comes to where to live,and not live..lol...pluss we seen many power outages no running water and flooding where i figure that they would of learn to prepare for worst and hope for the best...where we live right now is on high ground..so the yard might flood up to a point while we're getting lots of rain..but thats the extent of it..but then again.we have 2 direction to choose from when leaveing the house.in which there's a creek in low areas that could flood.but only If it gets bad enough..and it hasnt come close to that in the 8 years that i've lived here..YET!!!

Maybe it's our history of revolutions... Six different flags and all that. Who knows?

---CLICK "EXPAND" BELOW TO SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS OF THE FLAG AND CITY CREST----

Actually, the Laredo (South Texas on the Mexico/Texas border) area (succeeded from the Republic of Texas) and joined Mexican states of Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, and Tamaulipas to form the Republic of the Rio Grande (Republica del Rio Grande). The area encompassed 120,000 sq miles. Sadly the Republic only lasted from January 17 1840 to November 6, 1840.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_the_Rio_Grande

Due to joining the Republic of the Rio Grande, Laredo has the distinct honor of existing under 7 flags.
If you see the Laredo coat of arms, it contains 7 flags.

th
th
th

Last edited:
Hi, my husband and i are preppers in DFW and east Texas....well versed in faraday, aquaponics, septic systems, shallow well, have lots of acreage, guns and ammo. We have night vision and are prepparred. Im 5ft2, 32yo, latina, 118lbe, smaller titties, fat ### cheeks and love to be nude outside. My husband is 40, white and VERY open with sharing me sexually with his close friends, with my eager anticipation . I know this may offend some/most, but its what we both enjoy and live for
Seriously.....

Ya can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Texan here. Welcome anyway.

True statement, we are born learning to take care of ourselves.

Harris County here but bug out retreat acreage is in Cherokee County....as a matter of fact, heading up there Friday to meet my barbed wire fencing contractor.. Always something to do on a farm/ranch, even a weekend place

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back