Another Red Flag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTSHTF.........................What will your Notes............be worth ?............... and WHO will dictate their worth ......... In the long run , gold , MAY preserve your wealth....................but in the immediate fallout ...............my guess........hard to barter.

You missed the point by a mile...

The FRN bills are to demonstrate that gold is as easy to carry as cash. And that very quality - portability and condensed value, will be what causes people to use it.

And the FRNs? If the grid goes down, we'll be on cash before we go to barter. Except for people who only have plastic...:rolleyes: The bills will have worth, if only temporarily.

What's in YOUR WALLET? :D

Last edited:
Here, let me show you...

To make a better demonstration, I'll use $750 worth of three mediums of exchange: Cash, Gold, and Silver

First, Cash and Gold:
Gold750b.png

Next, Silver and Gold:
Gold750c.png

Now just imagine Lead and Gold, Beans and Gold, Salt and Gold, Alcohol and Gold, Ammo and Gold. What are you going to carry in your wallet?

LWesterfield, I'm inclined to believe that the government is still comprised of "The people". I do agree that the powers that be are more than willing to order a charge against our own, but who will make the charge? Our military and police are... US. How many federal agents or troops will attack a civilian when they know that another one of "Their own" could be making that same attack against one of their family members? I think most(I hope most) of our military and police will take the right side here. In fact, most of the current III%ers that I know are indeed military and LEO. Those folks are disgusted with what's going on now. They don't want to start trouble, but they are willing to honor their oath over their orders. Or so they say... There's no real way of knowing who will do what when it boils down, but one can hope.

On the 3% number... If we are going by the census, we have approx 316million people here. 3% of those people don't sound like a lot, but it depends on where they're at. 9 million people in DC would effectively lock it down until further notice. 9 million spread out over 50 state capitals isn't nearly as imposing, but I believe it would be one heck of a rally cry.

Alabaster, I'm not against a revolution. I think it's the only way we might get our country back. Might. But look at what happened with OAS. I was aware of that when the movement first started in '13, then it seemed to fall asleep for awhile, then I started hearing about it again right before it happened. They supposedly had 10 million people committed to showing up. Less than 1000 actually did. What are the logistics for making something like that happen?
And if, by chance, something like that would be successful, what then? Who takes over? No one is stepping up to the plate now and frankly, I can't think of a single politician I would trust to do it. There are some politicians that I believe to be the lesser of evils, but none that I trust.
I believe our country is too big to do it all in one swoop, unless it's a combined forces military coup and dare I say here that I'd only trust the enlisted to do it? Most of the officers are just as political as our government, in my extensive experience. And a military coup opens up yet another can of worms.

Latest posts

Back