288,000 jobs created in April in US - O'Yeah!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippophibia

Reaction score
288,000 jobs created in April in US!!
I think there i a chance in October this year the big rotten pawpaw hit the Fan!!:shtf -Perhaps next year October but this cant keep going on indefinitely!.

The real story::eek:
  • The number of people in the labor force fell by a whopping 806,000, wiping out the February and March gains and a bit of January as well.
  • The labor force participation rate fell by 0.4 percentage points to 62.8 percent, returning to its December level
  • And the number of people reporting they were unemployed fell by 733,000, which sounds good on its surface, but paired with the similar-sized decline in the labor force points to job seekers giving up looking rather than finding new employment.
  • Average hourly wages for American workers held steady at $24.31 last month. They have increased just 1.9 percent over the previous 12 months. But after adjusting for inflation, real wages have increased by something like 0.5 percent.
  • The Fed’s favorite inflation index rose just 1.1 percent in the 12 months that ended March 31
  • When only 48 percent of American adults held full-time jobs in April, the important question is what share of the rest were prevented by the weak economy from finding full-time work.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/03/upshot/jobs-report-looks-great-but-looks-are-deceiving.html?_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/05/u...on=Footer&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=article

Statistics = lies, damn lies. The trick with statistics is always in what you include in the criteria. People who have never studied statistics have no idea how easy it is to manipulate to a desired outcome, all based on what you include and exclude....just as the government did here. If for no other reason, statistics should be taught in High School, vs. College, at least conceptually, if not with the advanced math.

Agreed gov seems to change traditional statistical measures with new definitions to make things look better.

Nothing seems to spook the over-inflated stock markets, Dow down 2.5% on Monday then recovery to positive despite China manufacturing slowdown, Ukraine getting more unstable & US job figures.

Is this going into a greed bubble?? - I have only been watching stock markets for the last few months due to the gold price bouncing around like crazy got my interests.

140505160835-dow-4p-620xa.png

As much as I decry the prep idea of having gold, having money in precious metals as an investment is pretty solid. Seems to only go up, and by a huge margin.

Example, if you put money in the stock market in 2000, it has made on average, about 18% (including dividends). Over the same period, if in gold, you would have made 510%

My interest in gold is that most of my employment comes from the mining industry - the price of gold has a huge impact on opportunities.
As to investment/prep only if you have the extra money and your preps are flush, owning physical gold would be good.

Just checked the Dow Jones -125 points -0.76% up and down like a Yo-yo and trade volumes very low about 1/3 normal. I see it as an indication of instability, the fear and greed index has gone from 71 - 31 in a year.

Latest posts

Back