What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yuk... sorry but I can’t stand liver, except fried chicken livers. I’ve tried to get over it a few times but the gag reflex just takes all the fun out of it. Slimy stuff. Probably better than starving to death though.

Not sure on that, I would have to con-tinplate the the choice. I hate liver, in all it's forms.

Yuk... sorry but I can’t stand liver, except fried chicken livers. I’ve tried to get over it a few times but the gag reflex just takes all the fun out of it. Slimy stuff. Probably better than starving to death though.

Slimy? never had it slimy. It's little denser than pork chops if cooked right, lamb liver is sweeter and more tinder. ;)

Slimy? never had it slimy. It's little denser than pork chops if cooked right, lamb liver is sweeter and more tinder. ;)
Uh-huh. Sure Mav. The only time that I use liver for anything is when I can't find any bait for use on the trap line. It's always seemed a little slimy to me. But I'm using cow liver. Maybe lamb liver isn't as bad. I'll take your word for it though.

It'll be haggis with tatties, neeps and carrots, followed by a fruit crumble made with the damsons just strained out of the latest batch of damson vodka. My cousin forgot to save the vodka bottles and there was too much to fit into the bottles that she had lying around, so - oh no! - we're drinking the 'excess' :D

It'll be haggis with tatties, neeps and carrots, followed by a fruit crumble made with the damsons just strained out of the latest batch of damson vodka. My cousin forgot to save the vodka bottles and there was too much to fit into the bottles that she had lying around, so - oh no! - we're drinking the 'excess' :D
At least I know what the carrots are..... I pretty much know what haggis probably is but not sure I really want to know for certain.

At least I know what the carrots are..... I pretty much know what haggis probably is but not sure I really want to know for certain.
Wild Haggis :D
s3-news-tmp-77017-1280px-wild_haggis--2x1--940.jpg

Haggis... given your aversion to liver, no, you probably don't want to know ;)

Tatties and neeps is just mashed potato and mashed turnip. Very traditional and tasty Scottish stuff.

Nice rainbow food, KateMTx!

Took my cousin out to the local pub for Fish Friday: fish, chips and garden peas for both of us, then the cheeseboard for me and a fabulous sticky toffee pudding for them. Didn't get to sample the whiskies as I was driving. Next time, I'll cycle there :D

Latest posts

Back