What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still on my stupid diet here, so nothing spectacular yet I refuse to eat rabbit food 24/7. I spatchcocked a chicken, threw in wedged potatoes, carrots and onions. I also splurged and made a loaf of potatoe bread in the bread machine. That probably was not diet wise but I’m still averaging a pound a week loss so I guess all is good.

I’m still on my stupid diet here, so nothing spectacular yet I refuse to eat rabbit food 24/7. I spatchcocked a chicken, threw in wedged potatoes, carrots and onions. I also splurged and made a loaf of potatoe bread in the bread machine. That probably was not diet wise but I’m still averaging a pound a week loss so I guess all is good.
Slow and steady wins the race.

We are going to have BBQ pork ribs tonight . Hope to have time to get in a little dove hunting . This morning Me and the Wife went to town and had Cracker barrel breakfast , funny thing the Waitress had Her sales pitch going on their new $$ coffee She sold My Wife on it so I got one too . A grouchy old Guy came in and Waitresses went to His table started giving Him the pitch and He interrupted Her and said I want a bowl of pinto beans, corn bread and a glass of water . But She's going to do Her job , She redirects Him to the menu and starts telling Him about todays special . He closes then menu and bellows I WANT A BOWL OF PINTO BEANS , CORN BREAD AND A GLASS OF WATER . I tried to keep from chuckling and told My Wife I saw that coming as soon as He walked in . When We left He was sitting there with His Beans and corn bread .

Dinner without using electricity.
20180907_171434.jpg

For breakfast I had 2 eggs with cheese and mushrooms, homemade potatoe bread toast, and some thick sliced chicken breast I had roasted a couple days ago.
Lunch was a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a peach.
Dinner was a salad
Not too bad for diet food, and I dropped a little more weight.

Friend of my son and daughter n law is a chef of a restaurant he owns, the 3 of them gone to Montana to ranch that’s owned by a Japanese cattlemen to pick up some beef, any way, the son brought me back 50lbs of Wagyu last night, the wife and I are having parts of that for dinner tonight.

Pork sausages with onion, sweet potato, yellow pepper, a touch of garlic and a dash of thyme. Lunch was sweetcorn on the cob now that the local workers' co-op grocery has it in, and a massive plateful of coleslaw, so I'm good for all the foodgroups!

Last time I ate pork sausages, they came from one of the pigs on the Rum croft that I look after occasionally. One of my biggest decisions will be whether or not to get pigs andor goats, and that tasty pork was certainly a tick in favour.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back