What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seeing how it's only me today.and that im taking a break from house cleaning..mac n cheese with tuna today,and tonight..

Big pot of beef roast slow cooked, then added small red and white potatoes, carrots, onion, green pepper and celery, along with loads of seasonings and cooked for another hour. Oh, and jiffy sweet cornbread to go with it. I'm almost in pain from eating so much! I'll have beef stew for the next four days, yeah! No doubt why I have clogged arteries.
Must be the cornbread. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Must be the cornbread. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I don't eat too many things from a box, but really love that sweet cornbread! You can't go wrong with jiffy! I've gotten to where I don't even like real cornbread now., unless I drizzle syrup over it.

I don't eat too many things from a box, but really love that sweet cornbread! You can't go wrong with jiffy! I've gotten to where I don't even like real cornbread now., unless I drizzle syrup over it.

I'm a Cornbread lover too, but we don't get Jiffy Cornbread mix here. HOWEVER! I did a Google some time ago and came up with this.....

Jiffy Cornbread Mix
4 cups flour
4 cups cornmeal
2 cups nonfat dry milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Combine all until well blended.

USE FOR CORN BREAD:
Combine
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine in 8" square pan while preheating oven to 425ºF
1 egg, beaten
1 cup water or milk
2 1/3 cup Mix

Stir just to blend. Pour into pan greased

8" round pan and bake about 18-20 min.

USE FOR MUFFINS: Prepare batter as for Corn Bread and spoon into 12 greased medium muffin cups.

USE FOR CHEESE CORN BREAD: After turning Corn Bread batter into pan, sprinkle with 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

http://www.budget101.com/content.php/2628-Copycat-Jiffy-Cornbread-Mix

There's a host of mixes, seasonings and copycats to make yourself on the site.

Tonight, for Valentine's Day...

Making some teriyaki stir fry chicken, peppers, onions, water chestnuts, baby corn...over fried rice

And dessert is strawberry shortcake ala mode (french vanilla ice cream, and vanilla pound cake). We're in the strawberry capital of the world, and the season just started, so they are PERFECT....

It sucks that it's the day before payday, and we had some unexpected bills come up (two truck repairs...water pump, then serpentine belt)...but this will still be nice.

At least I had a nice box of her favorite truffle chocolates, card, balloon, and roses for her to take into work today.

I'm a Cornbread lover too, but we don't get Jiffy Cornbread mix here. HOWEVER! I did a Google some time ago and came up with this.....

Jiffy Cornbread Mix
4 cups flour
4 cups cornmeal
2 cups nonfat dry milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Combine all until well blended.

USE FOR CORN BREAD:
Combine
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine in 8" square pan while preheating oven to 425ºF
1 egg, beaten
1 cup water or milk
2 1/3 cup Mix

Stir just to blend. Pour into pan greased

8" round pan and bake about 18-20 min.

USE FOR MUFFINS: Prepare batter as for Corn Bread and spoon into 12 greased medium muffin cups.

USE FOR CHEESE CORN BREAD: After turning Corn Bread batter into pan, sprinkle with 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

http://www.budget101.com/content.php/2628-Copycat-Jiffy-Cornbread-Mix

There's a host of mixes, seasonings and copycats to make yourself on the site.
Thanks. I'm not much of a baker, but am really good with meats and soups and stews.

Took a walk to the Butchers this morning for the weeks meat I got some Casserole Lamb and it's slowly cooking in a Morroccan style stew. It smells great, all warm spices, honey and fruity. I've put some Chickpeas and Sweet Potato chunks in as well, so we'll just need some bread to mop up what's left. Can't beat a one pot meal.

I've been a bum all day today. Pretty much laid in bed watching tv. I've been snacking on leftover pizza all day, and cookies. I worked two really long days in a row and am just recovering now. The only thing I've really accomplished is I cut up the red potatoes that I plan to plant tomorrow. They will skin over a little tonight on the cuts and then be ready to go in the ground. Hopefully it won't have another hard freeze. This is one time I want global warming!

Tonight is pretty simple. Some gourmet hot dogs on the grill, some hot dog chili, cheese, onions, and some of the new flavors of Lays potato chips that are out. And a side salad for SOMETHING healthy...lol.

Latest posts

Back