This Year's Harvest

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My absolute favorite is slicing thinly and sautee in bacon grease with onion and garlic, a pepper if I have it. Season with Tonys or just salt and pepper. Second would be frying with a mixture of seasoned flour a d cornmeal.
I cook my yellow squash and zuke like that. Okra too.

I’m drooling now... my low cholesterol diet really limits, or cuts out completely, my fried days. Sad.... I do use some olive oil still sparingly as they say it’s the good cholesterol. I’m doing ok here and loosing slowly, but I’m here to tell you, dieting sucks!

I would love a freeze dryer. I just dehydrate
I seriously considered buying one. I looked both at the money and my lifestyle at the moment and decided against it for a few reasons. First I don’t have the time to tend the garden much anymore. If you are producing a lot of fresh produce, then I believe the freeze dryer is the way to go. In my case now it seemed wiser to just stock up on #10 cans of storebought freeze fried stuff. I still think that being able to select the best of your own garden to preserve is smart. Hopefully I will retire from this in a few years and get back to growing more.

That’s awesome on the mortgage! Being from Tennessee I’m sure you know Dave Ramsey and his debt philosophy. Once the mortgage is gone then you can do a lot more of what you want.

Everyone here knows Dave. Lol. He and my husband used to be on the same radio station, but both have moved now.

In my daughter's middle school, they taught a course of his for 6 weeks. "Financial Peace" for kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone here knows Dave. Lol. He and my husband used to be on the same radio station, but both have moved now.

In my daughter's middle school, they taught a course of his for 6 weeks. "Financial Peace" for kids.
I don’t buy into his sales of products but really admire the whole debt free thing. I don’t believe in having what you can’t pay cash for. Housing is an exception as not many can save enough for one, but at least having 25% or more down is still a good rule. I was lucky and able to do sweat equity to stay out of debt. I had more energy then luckily.

I don’t buy into his sales of products but really admire the whole debt free thing. I don’t believe in having what you can’t pay cash for. Housing is an exception as not many can save enough for one, but at least having 25% or more down is still a good rule. I was lucky and able to do sweat equity to stay out of debt. I had more energy then luckily.

I helped the builder too. Saved a little money that way. Plus, we haven't had a car payment for 20+ years, etc.

I helped the builder too. Saved a little money that way. Plus, we haven't had a car payment for 20+ years, etc.
I don’t have a mortgage, mainly thanks to a frugal mother (elementary teacher) who made some wise investments. I paid my mortgage off when she died. She was much better with money than I was. But I am very grateful that she gave me this gift. But I would give everything to have her back, too....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another thing I like to tell people about is savings accounts. If you don’t have money for emergencies they will put you in debt. I don’t have a crystal ball or anything but I can guarantee one thing, life is full of emergencies. Everyone needs to put something away to help cover them.

Latest posts

Back